Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Palisade Classic: May 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2010 Palisade Classic MTB race will be held on May 15 this year. Last year a 36 mile Expert race was included with some big climbs and descents. I hear that the course will grow a bit longer this year, should be fun.

Near the top of the expert route

With a little luck Cabin Reservoir won't spill the day of the race and there won't be a water crossing.

The biggest climb is two track to almost the top of the Grand Mesa.

The backside of "Half Assed Pass". The descent gets a bit rougher but has great views of Palisade and the Grand Valley. The course returns to Palisade over the track below after climbing up and down Horse Mountain.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We hope that the BLM will give us (meaning the People in the Palisade
area and COPMOBA) the final OK to begin 'official' work on the Palisade Rim sometime soon. The Stagecoach is ridden in pretty well and even Whore's Mountain has some nice trail.

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
BeanMan said:
We hope that the BLM will give us (meaning the People in the Palisade
area and COPMOBA) the final OK to begin 'official' work on the Palisade Rim sometime soon. The Stagecoach is ridden in pretty well and even Whore's Mountain has some nice trail.
To your knowledge, has any unofficial wrk been performed, by trail runners or otherwise? :D

·
Green Hornet
74 Posts
This is a fun event

The opening climb is a good one. My guess was maybe 3000' from the start. The trails around there are fantastic. I was proud of myself because I was not dead last on the climb being just in front of the guy in the red new belg jersey pictured above. That river was flowing pretty good and the rope was definatly needed. I did manage to get completly lost on the downhill and ended up in BFE.

Fun event with a fun bunch of nice folks in a neat part of the world. I am planning to do it again. Pretty good after event also, be warned that the 1/2 price tickets at the Peach tree distillery can lead to trouble... Very large bloody mary's...

-Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.