1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys
for those unsure about the R2. A press release from Cree today
Cree Announces High-Volume Availability of Brightest Lighting-Class LEDs
Cree XLamp XP-E LEDsXLamp XP-E Cool White LEDs Now Available with R2 Flux Bin (114 lm – 122 lm @ 350 mA) Minimum!

The XLamp XP-E LED combines the proven lighting-class performance and reliability of the XLamp XR-E LED in a package with 80% smaller footprint.

Cree now offers XLamp XP-E cool white (5,000K – 10,000K CCT) LEDs in a minimum R2 flux bin (114-122 lumens at 350 mA), which is the highest commercially-available minimum flux order code for a single-die LED at 350 mA in the industry today.

The volume availability of XLamp LEDs is aimed at further stimulating the LED lighting market, driving applications in outdoor and indoor general illumination as well as portable and retail display lighting.

Please note for those still with backorders, we received EVA's this week and are now shipping backorders with
EVA
CMC
LM1
POL225, 207, 202
Carclo 103xx
Boom-xx

My apologies for the service in the last few weeks, we have moved into new premises and expect to be providing an improved service

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
bikerjay said:
Any word yet on quad xp-e optics, beam angle size ect..
Cool stuff!...:cool: ...according to the Cree charts, 4 of these @ 700ma (max) would put out about 700lm...maybe better if you get a good bin lot. A lot depends on just how small the optics are for these things before deciding "which" would make a better/tighter build...MC-E's or these new XP-E's. I think some people are going to have a hard time waiting for the other shoe to drop...R-4's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
znomit said:
R4s? I dont see no R4s. :incazzato:

Just a thought about the XP-E... same die as the XRE but no metal ring, so won't there automatically be more lumens?
I would love to say I know they are coming, I dont so I cant say. I am convinced they are not far away but Cree holding it close to the chest at present

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ocean breathes salty said:
Hi WeLight,

I am still a little uncertain about what you currently have in stock?

I am assuming that these R2's are mounted on a single 10 mm star and aren't the 3 up version yet? Any ideas when they will be available?
We expect triple boards/Quad boards in the new year, however the single 10mm rounds can have the edges nipped off and they fit perfectly under the triple optics

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice, will they be up for order in the shop?

Im also very interested in the 8,5mm wide angle PL111806 or PL122808. Do you have any of those? Would it work with the XP-E?

A little off topic, but you write KEPL20908 Ultra Wide Angle works quite well with the MC-E. How well? Does it show a dark cross? Does it give a hotspot or is it flat?

Im building a combined helmet and headlamp. When used as a headlamp for close up work a very wide and uniform beam is needed. Optimal would be around 80 degrees with the same lux level all over. (as achieved with the carclo 10170 on a SSC P4). When used as a helmet lamp a narrow beam is needed. The XP-Es is good as its optics are quite shallow, which gives more room for drivers and a bulky rotary switch in the housing. Im planning for 8 XP-Es or 4XP-E and 1 MC-E in a housing with dimensions of 63X40X30mm.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
ocean breathes salty said:
But the die size is smaller than that of an XPE right?
MC-E, XR-E, and XP-E all use the same die, the EZ1000. The bubble on top determines how big it looks.
Even SSC P4 and P7 use the EZ1000, they just use their own phosphors.

·
Registered
765 Posts
On paper the war between XP-E and MC-E is really heating up. I really want to give the XP-E a try now. My MC-E helmet light works because even at ~400ma its a ton of light. I am not thrilled with the beam however. The optic is closer to 20deg than 10. I still want to try a new LM1 since mine was obtained very early in the game and looks no where near as good as the beam shots on here. Also want to try a polymer lens for MC-E to see if its any better focused.

I cant wait to see beam shots for the Carclo triple 20mm and the Khatod 4up 25.4mm. Unless I am mistaken nothing for the MC-E gets even close to 10deg in a 1" or less size. Plus the MCE is not up to the R2 numbers yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.