Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- first post!
So I have 2 GX eagle detailers and both developed quite some lateral play within a few month. With one the bolt fell out even and it has quite some wear. Can I replace the GX b-bolt with the XO1/ XX1 bolt? It seems that they are sealed and maybe even have a bearing?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've had two GX Eagle derailleurs develop heaps of side play. Doesn't make too much difference to the shifting, just feels sloppy but it also means they have less structural integrity and when they take a little hit they have tended to bend super easily. I've cured the problem completely by removing the GX pigeon and replacing with a much stronger 11sp X01.

Pretty sure the actual derailleur bolt is the same.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info but I though the 11spd derailleurs do not work on the eagle 12?
I have some sloppy shifting with catching in the middle range intermittently with both derailleurs. Could be some problems with the adjustment, too, but I followed sram instructions.
I ordered a XO1 bolt- will report back if ti fits.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I put the XX1 (same as XO1 but gold) bolt on the GX derailleur and it fits well. The back and forth movement is a bit stiff but it does not seem to be a problem, this could probably be solved by leaving one of the seals out. Most importantly there is no wobble any more and shifting is really precise. I'll get one for my other bike, too.
Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle Groupset

·
Cat Herder
4,733 Posts
So I put the XX1 (same as XO1 but gold) bolt on the GX derailleur and it fits well. The back and forth movement is a bit stiff but it does not seem to be a problem, this could probably be solved by leaving one of the seals out. Most importantly there is no wobble any more and shifting is really precise. I'll get one for my other bike, too.
View attachment 1249671
Link for the replacement?

·
Boozy
26 Posts
View attachment 1249671
How did you get the old bolt out? I can't seem to find any info on this? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
347 Posts
Getting ready to update my bike from 11 speed to Eagle. Got an entire kit (new) for $300 from my local dealer! It's a non DUB kit but it worked out great because I was able to put the GX cranks on my wife's bike. Sold the GX shifter and bought an X01. All in all, I should be able to come out just about even and have Eagle!

Bought an X01 bolt for the GX derailleur and it installed in just a couple minutes. I assume the smaller washer goes on the bolt flange surface and the larger washer goes on the bolt after it's installed in the derailleur and before the limit bracket?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Getting ready to update my bike from 11 speed to Eagle. Got an entire kit (new) for $300 from my local dealer! It's a non DUB kit but it worked out great because I was able to put the GX cranks on my wife's bike. Sold the GX shifter and bought an X01. All in all, I should be able to come out just about even and have Eagle!

Bought an X01 bolt for the GX derailleur and it installed in just a couple minutes. I assume the smaller washer goes on the bolt flange surface and the larger washer goes on the bolt after it's installed in the derailleur and before the limit bracket?

Thanks!
Same question here - how do you remove the GX bolt? thx

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is a small groove on the back side of the derailleur hole where the bolt goes. If you look at the back, you will see a small spring clip. You use a small pick to catch the edge of the clip and pull up on it. Then work the rest of the clip out of the groove and then then bolt can be removed. X01 and XX1 doesn't use the clip, just a pair of o-rings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
View attachment 1249671
Hey mate, sorry I am opening this thread again, but I just ordered this X01/XX1 B-Bolt for my GX Shifter, because I am just doing a servis of my bike and my split ring is missing so I thought it would be nice to do it in a new way. I just want to ask. Did you also use the new bracket (back plate for B-Screw which is pushing against der. hanger - so called as stop for chain tension ) or you left the GX back plate? If you put a new one, no problem with adjustment B-Gap?

SRAM Mounting Kit HEX5 for XX1 Eagle / X01 Eagle Rear Derailleur | bl, 22,50 €

This I have ordered and I mean the orange thing far right on a second image.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate, sorry I am opening this thread again, but I just ordered this X01/XX1 B-Bolt for my GX Shifter, because I am just doing a servis of my bike and my split ring is missing so I thought it would be nice to do it in a new way. I just want to ask. Did you also use the new bracket (back plate for B-Screw which is pushing against der. hanger - so called as stop for chain tension ) or you left the GX back plate? If you put a new one, no problem with adjustment B-Gap?

SRAM Mounting Kit HEX5 for XX1 Eagle / X01 Eagle Rear Derailleur | bl, 22,50 €

This I have ordered and I mean the orange thing far right on a second image.

Thanks
Woko_O, do you have an 11 speed GX? If so, did the mounting kit you referred to fit? I am not really clear about the 11/12 speed compatibility. I have an 11speed and need a new B-bolt and thought I would upgrade to the X01/XX1, but I am not sure which kit to order. Any insights you may have are much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Woko_O, do you have an 11 speed GX? If so, did the mounting kit you referred to fit? I am not really clear about the 11/12 speed compatibility. I have an 11speed and need a new B-bolt and thought I would upgrade to the X01/XX1, but I am not sure which kit to order. Any insights you may have are much appreciated.

Cheers
I have 12sp. GX and it works without problem (kit in a link)

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Hightower CC V2
252 Posts
Hey just thought id chime in on this. I found this hack on VitalMTB awhile back. You put a small washer between Der bolt and frame. This will take out any play in the system as well as lock the derailleur in place (after you adjust your b-tension). This is also supposed to help with excess noise coming from der pivoting around during big hits. TRP uses this and calls it the Hall Lock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts