Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! A moderately progessive 2009 to all of you!

I just bought these K18's, for a project where I want to use the XO Triggers I already got.
I'm now trying to get the handlebar set up, but these 2 seems to not like each other's proximity? I cnnot get them bth even close to how I'd run them, it's on or the other. I want to run my brake levers low, and trigger normal, I suppose.
The K18 lever go on the inside, right?

Thanks!

J

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
I had trouble getting my K18's and X.9 shifters in a comfortable position, but what I recently did was put the shifters on the inside and brakes on the outside. I switched the clamp on the X.9 to the opposite hole. The brakes do limit how far up you can put the shifters because they are so deep/large, but for some reason this set up works really well. I thought about getting the Formula matchmaker, but this way there is no real need.

If you want, I can take a picture.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I did not know about the MIXXmaster.

One other thing I figured might help, it to put a washer between the XO clamp and trigger unit. This would add distance between the latter and the handlebar, perhaps enough to accomodate the K18 clamp. Anyone ever looked into that?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update-
Couldn't find MIXXmasters. Someone sugested Avid MAtchmakers, which I ordered online.
Got them in, and they won't work. The ORO's bolt holes are futher apart, too much to force them to work for me. $30+ wasted.
Anyone know how to get the good stuff? Getting a right hand Twister shifte, now that I have these $$$ XO triggers, just would be too much of a defeat...

Thanks!

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.