Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen the red XO rear derailleur and I'm wondering if it's even close to Chris King red. Anybody know?

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Well, my first thought is....................................Is it a show bike or one you ride? But, then I looked at your handle and notice you could be of the female gender...............................So, I will indulge you because when I took my wife to buy a bike, the first thing she asked is, "What are all the colors I can choose from?":madman:

I have seen these in the same case together and they are close. But, keep in mind anodizing changes with time and looks different in the sun vs showroom lighting.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never held them up against each other, but I have a red XO shifter & red King hubs and they look the same to me. But I'm a guy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a dude. Just wanted to know what the red XO der looks like outside of internet pictures. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My bike is full SRAM X-0 Red. But the red on the SRAM parts is not much like the red of my Hope hubs (sorry, no CKs), except for the cassette, that's almost like the Hub's. The RD is more intense and the hubs are a little brighter, but not much. They pretty much match though. More yet if your bike is as white as mine and has all links in red too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anodizing can be off depending on batches. Best bet if you truly want to color match is to buy a whole bunch spread out over time (to get different batches) to match perfectly.

Also the anodizing can be off depending on the type of aluminum that is being anodized. But in reality, the distance between the RD and the Headset is great enough that you probably won't notice a huge difference. I think it would meet the 10 foot rule

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wouldn't say it's perfectly matched but it's not like one is pink and the other is blood red. They look good when paired together.

Someone I ride with has the setup, CK red hubs and red XO RD. I didn't notice a variance when looking at his bike but I also wasn't looking to see how well the reds matched. Either way it does look good.

Edit- forgot to say, the setup looks so good that it inspired me to buy the pink XO RD to match my pink CK hubs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts