Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding my faithful khs xc504 for over two years, I decided to go plush. I bought a 2004 vt2. I upgraded to Chris king/Mavic 3.1 wheelset, Thompson seat post and lp composites downhill carbon fiber 1.75 riser (the bar is oohhhh so sexy, heavy duty and 80 grams lighter than the ea50). I don't like the rapid rise. I am undecided between xo twist shifters/rear derailure and an xtr rear derailure.

Any feedback?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
own154 said:
After riding my faithful khs xc504 for over two years, I decided to go plush. I bought a 2004 vt2. I upgraded to Chris king/Mavic 3.1 wheelset, Thompson seat post and lp composites downhill carbon fiber 1.75 riser (the bar is oohhhh so sexy, heavy duty and 80 grams lighter than the ea50). I don't like the rapid rise. I am undecided between xo twist shifters/rear derailure and an xtr rear derailure.

Any feedback?
Having had XTR and X.0, I definitely prefer the X.0 stuff, period. The decision for me would not even include XTR as an option.....it would be a decision between which SRAM shifters. Surprising to me, I tried the SRAM X.0 twist shifters and really love them. I will probably put them on my trailbike now as well as replacing that XTR with an X.0 or X.9 rear der. If you are concerned about going with twist shifters, you still have excellent options. You can go with the X.9 trigger shifters (excellent) or wait for the X.0 trigger shifters to come out.....they look sweet but not sure when they come out.

cheers

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
If I'm not mistaken SRAM shifters aren't compatible with Shimano mechs, think that Shimano is 2:1 and SRAM is 1:1.

If you like the SRAM stuff go for it, I use XT thumb shifters and XTR mechs on my VT.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
DiRt DeViL said:
If I'm not mistaken SRAM shifters aren't compatible with Shimano mechs, think that Shimano is 2:1 and SRAM is 1:1.

If you like the SRAM stuff go for it, I use XT thumb shifters and XTR mechs on my VT.
yeah...if you go with SRAM 1:1 rear der (eg, X.0 rear der), you need to run corresponding SRAM shifters (eg, SRAM X.0 twist shifters, SRAM X.9 trigger shifters).

Here is a lovely pic of my X.0 twist shifters on my masterpiece of a bike I just sold (wahhhh....cry, cry, cry....).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.