Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
MartinsMental said:
Yeah really, this sounds like complete and total Bull. I hate rumors....

Let's get some legitimate sources MountainForce!

Whatcha got?
Its no rumor..SRAM is working on an XO FD, I was told that its still not passed R/D..

Giving up my personal source would destroy a new found friendship..I will say that certain people at SRAM do read this Forum and use it in a positive way to improve there offerings..The 07' X9 RD and shifter was redesigned from the comments made here by us, the consumer..

Jake

PS. Sorry, thats all I can give up..

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Okay...

Jake Pay said:
Its no rumor..SRAM is working on an XO FD, I was told that its still not passed R/D..

Giving up my personal source would destroy a new found friendship..I will say that certain people at SRAM do read this Forum and use it in a positive way to improve there offerings..The 07' X9 RD and shifter was redesigned from the comments made here by us, the consumer..

Jake

PS. Sorry, thats all I can give up..
Ok, that works...I guess. When did they say it would be out (Approximately)?

No offense to you Jake but the whole, "I have a friend at SRAM" is great and all but it's not definitive and does nothing to confirm an X.O. FD. so it's basically just more rumors and heresay.

Again, no offense, and I don't want to sound all bitter but the rumor mill on MTBR is absolutely out of control and threads like this contribute to the madness.

Also, I would think that the new X.9 shifter re-design was driven by their big buying OEM accounts and their hundreds of millions in buying power, not the MTBR crowd and the few people that visit this board. But who knows, maybe we have more power than we think?:skep:

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
MartinsMental said:
Ok, that works...I guess. When did they say it would be out (Approximately)?

No offense to you Jake but the whole, "I have a friend at SRAM" is great and all but it's not definitive and does nothing to confirm an X.O. FD. so it's basically just more rumors and heresay.

Again, no offense, and I don't want to sound all bitter but the rumor mill on MTBR is absolutely out of control and threads like this contribute to the madness.

Also, I would think that the new X.9 shifter re-design was driven by their big buying OEM accounts and their hundreds of millions in buying power, not the MTBR crowd and the few people that visit this board. But who knows, maybe we have more power than we think?:skep:
The ETA is up in the air still, but Interbike (edit: 08') is the target showing..When it comes out you'll owe me a beer and a shot of Jack :thumbsup:

There are quite a few members that do work for the "BIG" boys..

I'll be awaiting my drinks :lol:

Jake

PS>:idea: Maybe a case and a jug :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is there any more word on the possibility for an X.0 Front Derailleur. I am building my bike with all X.0 components, but I am short a front derailleur. I am not sure whether to go for an X-Generation or an X.9 front derailleur. Is there much difference between the two? I spoke with my local shops, and nobody has heard anything about an X.0 front derailleur. Is it expected any time soon?

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Call 'em

Myles,

Apparently you will have to wait until Interbike at the end of September later this year to even see the "new X.O. FD". And, if by some miracle it does make into production, you'll have to wait a few more months to get it.
Get the X.9 instead. Way lighter than the X-Gen, looks nicer, and fits most frames (comes in 2 clamp sizes, top or bottom pull).

No one will be buyin' anyone pints at Interbike. Random conjecture, heresay and rumor.:nono:

Oh yeah, my friend at Ford said their nuclear powered flying car will be out by the Detroit auto show...GUARANTEED!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Listen up SRAM

- You HAD Shimano on the ropes, then came 07' XTR. You likely STILL have them on the ropes in regards to the entry level OEM spec bikes. It's time to step up to the plate for the high-end, it's actually WAY PAST time to step up to the high-end.

Where are the XO Cassettes? XO Chains?? XO Front Ders.??? XO Cranksets????
There is no "Group." "Groups" sell. "Groups" work together.
People want "Force" quality & attn. to details, NOT Truvativ & PG-whatever.

- P.S. : Loose the Carbon Der. cage. It's fragile.... Remember Sea Otter 06'???

NOT "flame-bait" but from a shop guy that likes riding & selling nice things. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
DMFT said:
- You HAD Shimano on the ropes, then came 07' XTR. You likely STILL have them on the ropes in regards to the entry level OEM spec bikes. It's time to step up to the plate for the high-end, it's actually WAY PAST time to step up to the high-end.

Where are the XO Cassettes? XO Chains?? XO Front Ders.??? XO Cranksets????
There is no "Group." "Groups" sell. "Groups" work together.
People want "Force" quality & attn. to details, NOT Truvativ & PG-whatever.

- P.S. : Loose the Carbon Der. cage. It's fragile.... Remember Sea Otter 06'???

NOT "flame-bait" but from a shop guy that likes riding & selling nice things. ;)
I don't know about everyone else, but I like the item seperation. Groups/kits would be a major step forward, however I don't see why one kit can not include items from the likes of SRAM, TruVativ and Avid. I am not a big fan of mixing and matching; while there is nothing that says I can not use a XTR front derailleur with X.0 everything else, I would rather have matching components. SRAM really needs to get up to speed and provide kits. As far as cassettes and chains are concerned, again, there isn't an X.0 but at least there is a high end rival. I purchased the PG990 cassette with the PC991 hollow pin chain, pretty high in SRAM world. Ideally, I would have a PG990 cassette, PC991 hollow pin chain, X.0 Front & Rear Derailleurs, X.0 Trigger Shifters, TruVativ Team Carbon crank/bb, Avid Speed Dial SL brake levers and Avid Single Digit SL V-Brakes. There are occasionally kits of this nature on eBay, but there is no X.0 front derailleur. Many bike shops can order "X.0 Series Kits" which include nearly everything I have listed but have X-Gen front derailleurs and usually Avid Juicy Ultimate Hydraulic Disk Brakes.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
What's this I'm hearing of a X.9 FD redesign? I have a X.9 from when they first came out and it's been giving me nothing but problems since I upgraded from the X-Gen. The problem is coming when I shift from granny to middle, seems the amount of swing is too large. No matter how I adjust it, the cage is rubbing on either the small or middle ring. Anyone else have this problem?

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
X.9

Naw man, there hasn't been an X.9 redesign.

But if your FD cage is contacting your chainrings then your set up is completely bunk.

As with 99% of bike related problems you have a set-up/adjustment issue not a component problem.

Take it to your shop.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
I dunno dude, I don't think so. I've already taken it to the shop with no luck. Plus, I'm no slouch with a wrench, been doing it since before there even were mountain bikes. There's definately an issue with this FD. I changed nothing as far as the rest of my setup goes between the X-Gen and the X.9. I put the X-Gen back on and it works fine. If I try to go back to the X.9 again, I can't get it to clear the rings no matter what kind of adjustment is made.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Update: my one buddy has recently bought a X.9 FD and he is now having the same problems with it that I am. The biggest rubbing problem hapeens when the chain is lined up in the granny up front and three or four of the middle gears out back. There is something not right about this FD and a now another person with the exact same problems backs up my claim. What's up with this FD SRAM? You need to take a serious look at this design before you have to recall a boat load of them.

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Call 'em

Hey Berbs,

I would call the SRAM tech line if I were you. Or take it to your shop.
They'll help you with set up or probably get you a new FD if yours is indeed bad.
You'll need to go through a shop if that's the case but either way they'll get you going again.
Their customer service is rad!
Recall?:eekster: HA! Not likely man.
It has yet to be proven flawed and it's not a safety issue
Although they did recently recall some Force road caliper brakes.
Good luck.

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Bump...

Sooooo... about that "X.O Front der"....

Despite the rumors, doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

The rumor mill shatters hearts yet again...

Jake??? You got some 'splainin to do.:rolleyes:

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
MartinsMental said:
Soooo... about that "X.O Front Der"....

Despite the rumors, doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

The rumor mill shatters hearts yet again...

Jake??? You got some 'splainin to do.:rolleyes:
At present its still in R/D..

My sources tell me there's a flex issue that is still got them banging their heads..
It's not off the table so I've still got my fingers crossed..Light weight and strong are
not an easy combo to achieve..:madman:

Jake..

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,394 Posts
Obviously SRAM is gunning for Shimano XTR. Most recommend XTR over X.9 front derailleur. SRAM's X.0 needs to be an improvement over the Shimano XTR, or most people won't switch.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.