Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Killer of Chains
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've settled on the DealExtreme XML-T6 bike light, especially at $44, but it started getting dark way too early a few weeks ago.

I want this light under $60 shipped to my door in less than a week.

Where should I order?

·
Registered
129 Posts
You might get a response if you include a link to what you are looking for. I say it ain't gonna happen. To get it in less than a week, you are going to have to find a US distributor (good luck with that) or a similar light, which will cost you much more for the light and for fast shipping. You can try 4sevens.com, Bugout Gear, Lighthound, Light Junction, Pacific Tactical Solutions or RMSK. All will cost you much more than you are willing to spend - they all have good lights of high quality, but to get similar output it's going to be pricey.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Gotta get me one of them bullet resisting lenses. Then we can start expanding our night rides into Chicago neighborhoods.....
:lol::lol:...:yikes:

Original poster...I see you're in PA. You could get some flavor of a Magic Shine light from BrightStone Sports in NC probably in 1 day. Yeah you are gonna pay more than you're $60 price range but if something goes wrong with your light they are almost right next door. Try that with DX or an ebay light. Highly recommend them.

BrightStoneSports - MagicShine Bike Light and Accessories | Magic Shine MJ-808 | MJ-808e | MJ-816 | MJ-818 | MJ-856 | MJ-872 | ...

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,875 Posts
:lol::lol:...:yikes:

Original poster...I see you're in PA. You could get some flavor of a Magic Shine light from BrightStone Sports in NC probably in 1 day. Yeah you are gonna pay more than you're $60 price range but if something goes wrong with your light they are almost right next door. Try that with DX or an ebay light. Highly recommend them.

BrightStoneSports - MagicShine Bike Light and Accessories | Magic Shine MJ-808 | MJ-808e | MJ-816 | MJ-818 | MJ-856 | MJ-872 | ...
thanks for the link...nice site!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I think the flashlight listedin the brightstonesports may be a little expensive
Compare MagicShine MJ-816 1400 Lumens LED Bike Light Set and Xeccon S6

the price of Xeccon 2400 lumen S6 is much cheaper.
I know nothing of this Xeccon brand and have never heard of them. I think even more than Magic Shine their lumen output is way over stated and it's a real roll of the dice when you buy something like that (even with MS perhaps also) and especially if you might need some warranty support. They advertise one of their lights with a single Cree XML LED @ 1600 lumens output Cree T6 LED Bike Light S12 | Xeccon light manufacture, LED Flashlights & HID flashlights, Rechargeable Batteries & Flashlight Accessories. Not sure that output is even possible from a single LED but to me it = meltdown. Maybe I'm just paranoid so do what you want. For me anyway I want to feel comfortable buying a known product I will be able to get that support if needed and pay a little more.

Case in point....I purchased a MS 856 light from BrightStone in NC. I wasn't happy with the reflector assy around a few of the 4 LED's which seemed to have some blemishes so I contacted BrightStone. No questions asked, very apologetic and I had a perfect new lighthead in less than 1 week turn around from when I sent back the blemished head unit.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Seccon S11 P7 light. Claimed 1200lm, actual light output probably ~550lm (as it's a Magicshine clone and that's what they put out). Overstatement = 118%

Seccon S12 XM-L T6 light. Claimed 1600lm. Max. LED output for a T6 bin XM-L is ~950lm. Likely output ~700lm (as it's a Magicshine clone and that's what they put out). Overstatement = 128%

Seccon S6. 1 XM-L T6 (see above), 2 XR-E R2. Claimed 1800lm. XM-L output ~700lm. XR-Es together ~300-350. Being generous, that makes 1050lm. Overstatement = only 70%. Looks almost truthful compared to the others.

So, by my understanding of the English language "wildly overstated" means a statement so far from the truth that it cannot come about by simple mistake or natural variance, but comes from lying. I think 70-128% higher lumen claims than those supported by reality easily count as being wildly overstated.

My guess kvsitinw is that you're a Seccon company shill paid to come on this forum and promote Seccon products. Feel free to do so, but don't try and make out that your company's lumen claims are in anyway based in reality. All your lights are simply Magicshine knockoffs, that's all. Nothing good or bad about that, but don't compound your shilling by lying, we're not that stupid.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
My guess kvsitinw is that you're a Seccon company shill paid to come on this forum and promote Seccon products. Feel free to do so, but don't try and make out that your company's lumen claims are in anyway based in reality. All your lights are simply Magicshine knockoffs, that's all. Nothing good or bad about that, but don't compound your shilling by lying, we're not that stupid.
Have to agree with you. He's at it in another thread as well promoting XECCON lights.:nono:

Thanks for all those details:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi friends

Seccon S11 P7 light. Claimed 1200lm, actual light output probably ~550lm (as it's a Magicshine clone and that's what they put out). Overstatement = 118%

Seccon S12 XM-L T6 light. Claimed 1600lm. Max. LED output for a T6 bin XM-L is ~950lm. Likely output ~700lm (as it's a Magicshine clone and that's what they put out). Overstatement = 128%

Seccon S6. 1 XM-L T6 (see above), 2 XR-E R2. Claimed 1800lm. XM-L output ~700lm. XR-Es together ~300-350. Being generous, that makes 1050lm. Overstatement = only 70%. Looks almost truthful compared to the others.

So, by my understanding of the English language "wildly overstated" means a statement so far from the truth that it cannot come about by simple mistake or natural variance, but comes from lying. I think 70-128% higher lumen claims than those supported by reality easily count as being wildly overstated.

yes, I think china bike factory often overstate the lumen the light has. but is the bike light S6 Seccon or Xeccon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.