Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone goes running off to get their broom and yell shenanigans over the whole UST issue, wait a bit.

My thoughts are that the 4.1d is a halfway decent rim; it comes standard on the i9 all-mountain bling and i've heard good things. My question is if the UST option down the road (I haven't gotten sick of tubes yet) makes up for the cost in both money and weight (both rim and brass nips for the 819), and does the DT conversion kit negate the tubeless "advantage?"

Any reason to go french?

For those that want to critique the build:

240s disc hubs
12mm pro-lock nipples
aerolite spokes (not sure on those)
3 cross lacing
32h build

usual disclaimers of no big hucks, i'm not too fat and not too skinny, only racing will be La Ruta this year and some 24hr events, etc. etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cost of the parts will be the same with the exception of the rim; this is a custom buildup where i can spec either rim. The 819 build will be about $30 more than the 4.1, and the 819 will have the added weight of the rims (60g) and nipples (63g) as mavic specs 16mm brass nips and the 4.1 can use 12mm al.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.