Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
troutie-mtb said:
Well now I am wondering if we have all been under achieving and only looking in one direction .

this is 2 XPGs running at 1.4 amps so about 800 lumens ish
so about what we can expect from one XML

OK its a snow shot but still WOW .

its got throw , Its got spill and its not a Regina
its an overlooked optic that I cant remember much mention of in the past .

and paired with a B2Flex @ 1.5 amps is a killer
Im trying to work out the shirt/jacket, nice flannel....:thumbsup:
Man it looks cold, cant say much about downunder, its been raining all week in the middle of summer. My daughter slept at Heathrow overnight but did manage to get on the flying Kangaroo home for chrissy, Merry Xmas to all

·
Old-newbie
382 Posts
troutie-mtb said:
Thats the Spirit !!!!!!!! :nono: Nope
I vote that the optic in that shot is nothing but cold dark air. aka, no optic at all, except for the one built into the LED.

gerG

·
A waste of time it is is
6,271 Posts
Now I'm confused.

Aren't they the same as what cutter has listed as the CXP which when you select beam actually change to a LXP code?

So, if an optic designed for a considerably smaller dome does that then wouldn't the equivalent optic from the same manufacturer designed for the XRE do an even better job? I don't remember if anyone ever tried one of those on an XPG

And here I was thinking Laura was WeLights daughter and she was in the UK hand delivering stuff to you Troutie :)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
emu26 said:
Now I'm confused.

Aren't they the same as what cutter has listed as the CXP which when you select beam actually change to a LXP code?

So, if an optic designed for a considerably smaller dome does that then wouldn't the equivalent optic from the same manufacturer designed for the XRE do an even better job? I don't remember if anyone ever tried one of those on an XPG

And here I was thinking Laura was WeLights daughter and she was in the UK hand delivering stuff to you Troutie :)
LOL Im a bit confused too but have added the same shots to the pics post but useing the CXP RS and will let you compare .
curious why Ledil have 2 optics so similar but as you can see a bit different in beam .

:lol: Welights personal courier service :lol:

·
A waste of time it is is
6,271 Posts
WeLight, can you shed some light on what you actually have online? Is it CXP or LXP and does the L actually stand for Laura and the xp designate the LED it is designed for?

Chris, does the CXP have the tighter spot, just aimed down slightly further than the Laura?

Thanks for sharing, again

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
emu26 said:
WeLight, can you shed some light on what you actually have online? Is it CXP or LXP and does the L actually stand for Laura and the xp designate the LED it is designed for?

Chris, does the CXP have the tighter spot, just aimed down slightly further than the Laura?

Thanks for sharing, again
Didnt have the time to study. Was in a hurry to beat the dawn .

The Lxp is a round optic iirc

The laura rs. Is different to the cxp rs. Will take a pic of the wo side by side tonight .

The CXP does appear to have a tighter hot spot. But the laura seems to be the nicer trail light.
With a better close up light.

A bit more messing is needed I think

·
Registered
744 Posts
Here is xp-g page off the Ledil site: http://www.ledil.com/index.php?page=xp-g

The LXP is a round optic that produces a smoother beam than the CXP. The CXP always had a slightly square edge on one of the sides of the beam.

If you notice they also have a LXP2 and a LXP3 that have been on their site for quite a while but have never had their .pdf updated with beamshots. If you look at the pictures you can clearly see that they are different from one another. Assuming they actually make improvements through the revisions, then a LXP3 should be on par or better than a Regina. Who knows if we'll ever seem them though as the .pdf has a revision date from 8/2/2010.

Sent ledil an email about the lxp3, curious what they'll say.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I compared the 3 contenders.. XM-L, XP-G and MC-E

Available Bins

Top Bins

If people can wait for the U2 bin of the XM-L and you only run it at 1.5 amps you get 590 lumens vs XPG 493, MCE 456..and its more effecient than the XPG/MCE..
obviously this is ignoring lumen losses with optics..but all things being equal..

Two of these in a helmet light could be a killer..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Technically, it's still cheaper to buy 2 XP-G R5 than it is to buy 1 XM-L T6

DX has R5 1B bins on 14mm or 16mm mcb for $5.61ea shipped if you buy 3 or more. The cheapest T6 I can find is at Kaidomain for $12.31ea shipped. You can get that down to 11.62ea if you buy 3. Cutters shipping and the currency free thingy makes them more expense. Plus, I believe they up'd the price of their XP-G after it went off pre-sale as they seem much more expensive than I remember? If that's the case I'm assuming they'll do the same for the XM-L.

81 - 100 of 429 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.