Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdo,
Being a newbe to this forum I will begin by apologizing for my poor spelling.

I am looking to lube the linkage on the swing-arm of my Dakar XLT 2.0. I have had the thing for three seasons now, put many miles on the thing, am a cheap SOB, and would like to check out the bushings and lube if necessary. I hear rumors that I need a torque wrench to do this but can't find info on what is recommended for tightening after dis-assembly. Any torque or lube recommendations out there?

Also, the Manitou 4-Way is perfectly positioned to prevent the use of a water bottle cage on the upper side of the down tube. Have any of youz tried reversing the shock? It looks like one could actually use a water bottle cage if the shock where in that position. Would it f-up the performance of the shock?

Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
1) They're sealed bearings, not bushings. You can order a bearing replacement kit through your local Jamis dealer. They should also be able to give you torque specs- but I think they came with my replacement kit.
2) Ain't got a clue on the shock, I have the 3.0, Fox TALAS, but sympathize with your efforts, it is my biggest issue with the bike.
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.