Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum, new to single speed. Added this steed to my stable to compliment different riding styles:

2006 Gary Fisher Rig (XL)
King Headset (gotta love the pink)
White industries crank set (180)
Shimano BB
Bony wheels and tires
lock on grips
Cane Creek ergo bars
Time pedals

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
nice rides

I ordered my 05 rig and am just waiting patiently for it.I had the choice better the 06 or 05 but decided to save the cash and put it towards a better headset as you cats did.
I would like to know what the difference in a 29er compared to a 26er is gearing wise that way I can pre order some gears and make the trasition smoother on the first couple rides.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
dmsigurdur said:
I would like to know what the difference in a 29er compared to a 26er is gearing wise that way I can pre order some gears and make the trasition smoother on the first couple rides.
That's the mother of all 29" FAQ's :)

2-3 teeth smaller up front, or 1 or 2 bigger in the back. 10%, that's all!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
I am SO sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok. please let me know when you are ready to ride and we will hook up ([email protected])

as far as the Niner, i absolutely love it.

though i dont need it, i would love to have a Rig to keep in my office at work so I could ride the Los Robles trail at lunch. this would get my riding back up to where i want it....i could bring in my Niner but that would not be as fun as buying another bike :)

take care

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
FoShizzle said:
cool....we should hook up some time. i am thinking about adding a rig to my garage. i have been off the bike for 4 weeks but am ready to go again...

cheers
What about your sweet Niner? Too blingy to actually go out and get dirty? I'd dig a ride, but am gonna be off the bike for a while I'm afraid. Got hit by a drunk driver and have some issues to heal first. But hey, at least I'm not DEAD.

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
FoShizzle said:
I am SO sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok. please let me know when you are ready to ride and we will hook up ([email protected])

as far as the Rig, i absolutely love it. though i dont need it, i would love to have a Rig to keep in my office at work so I could ride the Los Robles trail at lunch. this would get my riding back up to where i want it....i could bring in my Niner but that would not be as fun as buying another bike :)

take care
Yep I'm a little banged up, but I'm using my downtime well - buying a Ventana El Salty to build up. I've heard of Los Robles but never ridden it. Cool trail? Where do most folks start?

-Sorry for the hijack everyone-

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
415m3 said:
Yep I'm a little banged up, but I'm using my downtime well - buying a Ventana El Salty to build up. I've heard of Los Robles but never ridden it. Cool trail? Where do most folks start?

-Sorry for the hijack everyone-
Most people start Los Robles at the end of Moorpark Rd off the 101.

as far as the Rig, where did you buy yours? it looks like i can get a killer deal on a new one ($800 out the door) but it would not be from my favorite LBS.

as far as the El Salty, keep me posted. I have an X5 and think it is the best FS bike ever created. One of my riding groups of 4 of us has 1 Turner and 3 Ventanas in it (1 El Salt and 2 X5s) which is always a fun group to be part of.

cheers

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
$800 out the door is a sweet deal. I got mine from Shawn at Michaels (yep, my fav shop too).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, Yes, what cycle shop in deed??? I guess I forgot to say that Big Dan at Route 66 Bicycles, Rolla, MO gave me the hook up on this beast!! I guess I also forgot to mention that I drove from Little Rock, AR to Rolla, MO (600+ miles round trip) just to get the best customer service west of the Mississippi.

By the way, it's dirty now! I hit the trails this morning....what a rush!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.