Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions if I may please. First, I am trying to make some measurements of some frame geometry on my bike. I am trying to determine what this frame size is. I bought it used. The closest dimension I can see from factory spec is the head tube length to be 140mm. I measure 5.5". Everything else falls somewhat between the factory numbers. Is there anywhere I can see on the frame what size it is? Also, this is a 2003 FSR. I want badly to get rid of this Manitou AXEL super fork. Can someone recommend a 4" travel fork. Lastly, I know its more than a couple, sorry, how can I raise the stem height? There are 3 spacers under my stem now. Do I just loosen the center bolt twist and raise up? Then add another spacer? How many spacers are too many? How high do I know the steerer tube will let me go? Thanks again all and have a nice weekend.

Sid

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
sid said:
Couple of questions if I may please. First, I am trying to make some measurements of some frame geometry on my bike. I am trying to determine what this frame size is. I bought it used. The closest dimension I can see from factory spec is the head tube length to be 140mm. I measure 5.5". Everything else falls somewhat between the factory numbers. Is there anywhere I can see on the frame what size it is? Also, this is a 2003 FSR. I want badly to get rid of this Manitou AXEL super fork. Can someone recommend a 4" travel fork. Lastly, I know its more than a couple, sorry, how can I raise the stem height? There are 3 spacers under my stem now. Do I just loosen the center bolt twist and raise up? Then add another spacer? How many spacers are too many? How high do I know the steerer tube will let me go? Thanks again all and have a nice weekend.

Sid
Specialized has frame geometry spec's on their website for determining frame size. You will need to replace your stem w/ one that has more degree's of rise. Fork - Fox & Marzocchi make great forks, see what you want to spend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
sid said:

Sid
It´s an XL frame.
JC :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.