Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
:confused: I ordered one back in the beginning of Sept. They said end of Oct, then end of Nov, last I heard was the beginning of Jan. I don't know what to think these days. You say end of Feb. I hope not!!! The 6.6 is lookin' better and better!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
BMJ said:
:confused: I ordered one back in the beginning of Sept. They said end of Oct, then end of Nov, last I heard was the beginning of Jan. I don't know what to think these days. You say end of Feb. I hope not!!! The 6.6 is lookin' better and better!!!
Ordered mine end of July. First it was end of september, then end of november, now it is start of jan. I just hope it will get here before midle of feb.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Easier to do runs of MED/LG = long waits for SML/XL?

sikocycles said:
Are they out yet? I can't find one and the dealer says end of feb.
Yo. I have a MED on order, but from looking at how similar the MED/LG sizes are, on top of the delays with the SMLs as well, my guess is that they are doing much bigger/more regular runs of MED/LG, possibly because they figure they can cover 75% of their orders that way. It's likely that they don't have to re-jig much to do MED/LG, while a run of SML/XL might require re-setting the whole jig?

The end result is that while we are ALL waiting a long while to get our mitts on Nomad frames, the SML/XL buyers are likely to be pinched even harder. Which sux.

I don't know any of this as fact, just speculating... Good luck and Godspeed!

My Nomad build blog: http://buildanomad.blogspot.com/

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Tall and Squat...Outta luck!

My thoughts on the subject exactly. Us tall and squat folk don't make up enough of the buying market. With a company that has trouble with keeping up with producing for the "Average-Joe", one can't expect miracles when it comes to us mutants. :mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not expecting a miracle. I just expect a little more commitment to provide a product within a reasonable time frame. If I knew from my initial order that it would take six monthes or longer I could deal but after FIVE broken delivery dates... This is not an isolated incident. Everybody laughs and says " Oh that is just Santa Cruz for you" I guess I have lost my sense of humor!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just heard from my dealer that my XL Nomad will be delevered in January (I hope). Here in Finland we have long winter with snow, ice and freezing temperatures. For that kind of weather my Chameleon with spiked Nokian tyres is ideal. Thats why I'm not so worried about the delivering date (yet). But if I lived somewhere else with warmer climate and gentler winter this kind of waiting would be horrible.

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Mid JAN?!?!?

I heard the same yesterday from one of the Santa Cruz techs. I asked him if we'd be lucky enough to see our XLs under our X-Mas trees this year. He said most likely not, but more likely mid Jan. If this is true, it's one month sooner than mid Feb!

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
I like the green on the Blur LT, I think it's a little much on the Nomad though. I'm not a fan of the two-tone. Maybe a polished rear would be better. I originally ordered the slate color, but upon talking to Cambria, they suggested I open up my color options to speed up my delivery. I told them either anno slate or anno black please! The anno just looks to cool on this frame. Kinda looks like something out of an "Alien" movie.
The XL does look a bit chubby around the drop by the seat tube, verses the svelte lines on the Large. It looks like, because of the more extreme upswing, they fattened up the tubing and flare it out at the seat tube junction. It does look pretty much the same as the large, but with more cushin' 4 the pushin'. ;)

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
January 20th ?

Spoke with my rep at Cambria yesterday. She said that XLs will be shipping to them on January 20th! I'm not sure if that's all colors or just anno or if it's even a solid date. :rolleyes: Hopefully our time has finally come!!! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
BMJ said:
Spoke with my rep at Cambria yesterday. She said that XLs will be shipping to them on January 20th! I'm not sure if that's all colors or just anno or if it's even a solid date. :rolleyes: Hopefully our time has finally come!!! :)
I received e-mail @ SC that shipments would start on the 8th so the 20th seems right on. I hope you get the color you want!! SC is closed for the holidays.If things work out I will stop by SC on the 2nd and will double check if everything will ship on time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With my luck the ship that will bring it across atlantic will sink. :rolleyes:

Well it was said end of december begining of january, so they pushed the date .... again. I don't think they will be shiping before 20. february. :mad:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.