Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't look like they make any from what I can see but I thought I'd ask. I have a set of stans flow ex wheels that came with Ibis branded hubs. The freehub looks similar to to some out there but nothing specifically made for it that I can see. Wanted to try out an xx1 11sp setup I have, hopefully without Swapping hubs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ibis Hub For XX1 sram 11 speed

Doesn't look like they make any from what I can see but I thought I'd ask. I have a set of stans flow ex wheels that came with Ibis branded hubs. The freehub looks similar to to some out there but nothing specifically made for it that I can see. Wanted to try out an xx1 11sp setup I have, hopefully without Swapping hubs
Yes the hubs are the Novatec 4 in 1 and the adapter is available as i have one on my wheels think the part number is 0210040 see [email protected].

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ibis hubs are Sta-Tru hubs. I got in touch with Ibis and this is what they sent me.

Note...if you have Gen2 hub, you will need an 11mm hex allen wrench/bit instead of 12mm to remove the caps.

Here's a video link, too:

From Ibis:
Here are written instructions on removal and reinstallation of the free hub body. Ibis hubs are pretty easy to service if you have the right tools.

Tools required...
2 - 17mm open cone wrenches.
*1 - 12mm allen wrench - *Gen 1
**1 - 11mm allen wrench - **Gen 2
242 or 243 blue Loctite.
3 in 1 oil or a very light weight hub grease/oil.

Instructions...

Start by using the two 17mm open cone wrenches on the flats of the end caps of both the drive side (right) and non drive side (left) of the rear hub and twist counter clockwise.

If the drive side (right) end cap comes off first, you are all set to pull the free hub body/cassette off, if not insert the 12mm allen key into the non drive side(left) with one 17mm open cone wrench on the drive side (right) and the drive side end cap should come off.

Pull the free hub body/cassette off and clean/inspect the pawls/drive ring.

If everything looks good, apply a liberal amount of 3 in 1 oil or your choice of light weight hub grease to the drive ring/free hub body interface, and reinstall the free hub body, apply a small amount of 242 or 243 Blue Loctite to the threaded portion of the end caps and/or shaft and tighten down till snug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.