Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jive Turkey
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great review of the XCT-5 in the latest edition of What Mountain Bike, a British magazine. In a "Dream Bike" comparison against the likes of the Intense 6.6, Ventana El Ciclon, Nicolai Helius FR, Endorfin SL-4 (a German bike), and Rocky Mountain ETS-X 50 the XCT-5 took top honors. Not only did the bike and shock get rave reviews, but Brent Foes himself was applauded for always being one step ahead of everyone else in terms of innovation. To quote the article, "when all bikes in 2010 are sucking up the ground with monster 2:1 low ratio shocks, we can say we told you so..."

This will be my next bike, now I just need to start saving up to get one of these babies.

·
Jive Turkey
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the magazine at the local bookstore, a Barnes and Noble, the link in the previous post will take you to the article minus the reviews of the other bikes. I checked on the What Mountainbike website and I couldn't find the entire article. That bike looks great in black, it makes me want one even more.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow....and they didn't even test it with the Air Curnutt....wait until they get a hold of one of them...it'll really light up their lives. :p

Seems they nailled pretty much what I felt on the FXR with the Steel ITD.....firm but forgiving suspension response. The Air is the next generation with smooth but solid response. Interesting read...thanks for the link guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.