Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
burner w/ rp3?

hi, crashTD. Can i ask why your wife didn't like the romic? I run the same setup (small burner, 400lb romic 4" rockers) and think the compression is great on the romic but of course wonder about the rp3. Does your wife think it's a great improvement on romic's compression or what does she like the most about it? thanks, also wondering about the propedal on the rp3 with someone our weight (~130lbs) is it too harsh? Thanks alot. -julie

CrashTheDOG said:
I've got a 6.5 x 1.5 Romic in the classifieds that I pulled off of my wife's XCE that's up for grabs. Bushings/reducers are in mint condition.

·
Fragile
253 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
I've got a 6.5 x 1.5 Romic in the classifieds that I pulled off of my wife's XCE that's up for grabs. Bushings/reducers are in mint condition.
I was going to PM the first part of this to Crash, but I figure I will look for other's input too. I am feeling lazy, and didn't want to search too hard, so excuse me if this is easy to find info. (Besides, I am reduced to dial up while here in Europe!) A couple of quick questions. . .
  1. What weight rider is a 700# spring good for on a Burner?
  2. What if the Burner has the 4" rockers?
I am about to put the 4" rockers on my Burner, and want to get a couple of extra shocks to play with besides my Swinger 3 way. I was going to get an RP3, but this is a cheaper step so I can hold out and get a Pushed RP3 later. Actually. . .who am I kidding? I am sure UGI will get the best of me, and I will have both waiting for me when I get back to the States! ;)

And while I am at it, some somewhat off topic questions:
  1. Will this shock fit a SC Super Light?
  2. And, if so, what weight rider is the 400# spring good for?
Again, sorry if this is easy to find with a search. . .but I can't stand the wait over dial up! Besides, I like to be directly told! Thanks for the info. . .

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jewels said:
Can i ask why your wife didn't like the romic?
Hey Julie, the Romic is just fine. I just have an opportunity to pick up an RP3 for on helluva deal, and I figured I'd like to lighten up her bike as much as possible. I'm also a interested to see how it react on a lower leverage ratio bike under lighter weight. I'll let you know once she has spent some time on it.

Mountain_Smith said:
What weight rider is a 700# spring good for on a Burner? What if the Burner has the 4" rockers? Will this shock fit a SC Super Light? And, if so, what weight rider is the 400# spring good for?
The Romic came with a 700# spring, so if my wife rides a 400# then I'm assuming it would take a 210 lb rider before you'd need a 700# spring. I have no idea what the i2i and stroke is for the shocks spec'd on a Super Light. If it's a 6.5 x 1.5 then the only thing you need to worry about is frame clearance, maybe ask over on the Santa Cruz forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.