Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OCD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know it's a biking forum but I know there are many folks here into XC skiing so...

My plea for help. I'm trying to source some new boots and am being met with great difficulty, can you help me with names/websites within Canada (phone numbers if you've got'em or I can look them up if I know the city to look in) of stores that sell Salomon XC Ski equipment. I'm looking for the Salomon X-ADV 6 boots but my local shop (Adventure Guide) doesn't have my size and can't get them until next winter...

I've been able to find them online from backcountry.com but there are distributor agreements that prohibit them from shipping to Canada.

Cheers!

Jeff

·
OCD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
singlesprocket said:
If it were only that easy. I should have noted that MEC was on my list of usual suspects also... That boot is the X-ADV 8, they don't sell the X-ADV 6. That said, if they could hook me up with the X-ADV 8 in my size I'd take it, but alas they are running out also, I've called the MEC call centre to double check for sizes (UK9/US9.5) and even though the Burlington store shows what I need in "low stock" the call centre says they don't have it, call Burlington and they confirm...

It really shouldn't be this hard to find a ski boot, but I guess Christmas cleaned everyone out this year. ho hum.

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
muskoka outfitters sells X-adv boots. I bought the the 5 in Feb and I'm pretty sure they had the 6 at that time. They are on-line also but don't list everything, best to call and talk to Pete DeMoss. If he doesn't have them, pretty good chance he knows where to get them

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Salomon Canada is out of the X-Adv stuff for the year. You are going to have to find a store that has some in stock. I can tell you that Hardwood doesn't have any lol but we do have S-Lab Pro, don't you want S-Lab Pro?? ;)

·
OCD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S-Lab pro, haven't tried those on but even if I did I bet I couldn't swallow the price... If only my local shop had a half size smaller in the X-ADV. This being said, maybe I should expand my search but I do need to try on a boot before I can order it even if it's slightly off size. What I'm looking for is a higher boot for more support and control off-piste, and something that is strong so I don't rip the ankle supports out of their mounting points like my current boots.

BCD
Tried Lacordee yesterday, they lost the sizes in US sizing so I'm out of luck there at half a size too small, I must have a popular foot size. :p

The search will go on. Thanks again everyone.

Jeff

·
Registered
740 Posts
Silent Sports isn't carrying any of the adv-x stuff this year, they only have a couple backcountry skis available and I didn't see any backcountry boots there at all...

I know that Fresh Air Experience (in both Thunder Bay and Ottawa) sell x-adv stuff, might be worth giving them a call....http://www.freshairexp.com

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
Velotique and Hardwood Hills are probably the best connected retailers in the East. However, Velotique gets my nod for best customer service and reputation.

·
OCD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help guys (and gal), I knew I came to the right place. After many failed attempts I finally struck gold at Algonquin outfitters in Huntsville. Should be all set up by the weekend with new boots and bindings. Bring on the white stuff!

Cheers.

·
OCD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gotta love this.

The nice folks that thought they had my boots made an honest mistake and read the UK size on the box, not the US size. Again, strike out, time to get some toe extenders so I can buy a bigger boot that seems to be available. LOL

Looks like it might be time for plan B, get in touch with an old friend in the U.S. to get around the distribution restrictions...

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ah damn you UK sizing. Our 120 pair of Salomon rental boots all have UK sizing on the back and it can get annoying explaining to 150 people/day that the size 9.5 I gave them is really a size 10.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.