Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently started riding XC/Road and i have enduro helmet which is way too hot and i am looking for some recommendations for XC/road helmet. Would really like "compatibility" to attach glasses into vents. Price range is 200-250€.

Thank you

· Registered
475 Posts
The most important part is finding one that fits you. You can use Bike Helmet Ratings to help the decision on safety, and use reviews mentioning airflow and such, but it's really best to try them on. Personally I use a POC Omni Air Spin for my XC/Road helmet. I haven't tried many to note whether it has better/worse airflow than others, but it fits me well, and holds glasses well enough for road/gravel riding (not so sure about XC riding). The aesthetics was also a big factor for me.

· Registered
531 Posts
Helmets are a very personal fit. Finding one that fits the shape of your head is important. I recently purchased a Scott Centric Plus, and am very happy with it - great ventilation, light weight, high score on the VT test, and is super comfortable on my head. This is the helmet worn by Nino Schurter (and other Scott XC racers), as well as the DSM pro road team.

· Registered
933 Posts
Until some 10 years ago, I would agree helmets are very personal fit. But I guess things changed lately, and nowadays, I can put pretty much any road helmet on head and it fits. So for me now it's more about weight and ventilation, and then of course price, so I eneded up with Ekoi Corsa Light. It's pretty light (sub 200g), has really good ventilation and it's super cheap. With not much of searching for discounts, you can get it for well under 100eur. And if pro racers using them is any sign of good helmet, then it's not bad regarding this either, as KMC Orbea team is using them on mtb side, and Cofidis, Arkea Samsic, Qhubeka and Soudal Lotto on road are using them. But this has more to do with how much company pays to teams then quality of equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.