Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am interested in taking part in a cross country race here in California. I live in San Francisco and would be looking for a race which is fairly local i.e. 3-4hrs drive & a weekend of camping!

I would be taking part in the novice race and I do not have a NORBA license (oh and I am from the UK so cannot take part in any of the national events!)

Any info would be great as I would love to give this racing lark a go!!

Cheers

Nige
:thumbsup:

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ninjaboot,
Thank you so much for this info. I think we will definitely come along to this race, it looks very interesting. I have a full suspension Santa Cruz super lite - hope this will manage the trail?

Cheers
EBNige

·
N' England bike monkey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ed,
I saw this one - it looks amazing, unfortunately I am unavailable that weekend, but will definitely mark it in my calender for next year - Hope you make it up there

Nige

·
XC rider
278 Posts
Sounds great Nige,

The race is great and I hope to see you there. I would recomend bringing shoes with good traction.There is a granite hike a bike section which can be hard on your Sidis. Your super lite should be great. I did it on my sugar last year, most of the guys on the team ride Santa Cruz super lites.

·
XC rider
278 Posts
Rim Nordic

Speaking of racing,

Has anyone raced at Rim Nordic. I'm going to try and race it next weekend. What is the course like? Should I take my full suspension sugar or take my hard tail?

Thanks for info,

Ninjaboot

·
XC rider
278 Posts
Howell Mountain Challenge

Howell Mountain Challenge, anyone raced it before? I'm in need of a good xc race, the gaps between state races are long. I'm going to try the Howell Mountain Challenge next weekend. I'm thinking of taking my hard tail, no preriding. Any advice, fs or ht?

Thanks

Ninjaboot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.