Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people XC race the weekend before a 24 hour solo? The expected race time will be around 1.5 hours (SS) so other than getting hurt, the week after the race should allow plenty of time to recover before an endurance event.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I Have!

I have done it. You just need to gauge how hard you are going, and listen to your body. Things to keep in mind: keep you bike in one piece, you don't want to be stressing during the week before the race looking for a part you broke during the race. Make sure you eat well after the race (ie: recovery foods). Listen to your body for the rest of the week to make sure you are good-to-go for the 24 hour event.

Which 24 Hr event are you racing??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go for it

It's a great idea to race the weekend before to keep your head clear. It will make it easier to get prepared for Whistler in terms of equipment. Get all dialed, race your ass off and then pack what you have already prepared and head to Canada. I always race an XC the weekend before to open you up. I personally will be racing an XC on Sat and then a Marathon on Sunday in Durango (Norba Finals) the weekend before Whistler. If the XC goes bad or if I'm tired, I will skip the Marathon. It is great to hone in your race skills right before a big one. That way you are not stuck in training mode and can keep it fun. Racing will push you more than you can get there yourself. Crashing is part of the game. Keep the rubberside down and climb like a madman while letting up a bit on the downhills. See ya in Whistler. NR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.