Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be an awesome event in Tulsa,Ok on Sunday April 24th. Some of you might have heard of the Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area that is full of sweet single track with both fast and technical terrian... You can look up the race flier at www.okearthbike.com, then click on the (Tour de Dirt 2005) link, and you'll see the flier for the Tulsa race.

Happy Trails, BW

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
okcycler said:
There will be an awesome event in Tulsa,Ok on Sunday April 24th. Some of you might have heard of the Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area that is full of sweet single track with both fast and technical terrian... You can look up the race flier at www.okearthbike.com, then click on the (Tour de Dirt 2005) link, and you'll see the flier for the Tulsa race.

Happy Trails, BW
Hey Brent, curious as to what trails the course is using. Sounded like the Boner Trail was going to be used (love that trail) but didn't get much other information.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XC Race in Tulsa, OK Sunday April 24th

The start and finish area is east of the lower parking lot, then it heads south down the bomb cellar, out to the gravel road back towards the parking lot, right turn off gravel road going up to the area above the lower pond, then the main trail head, ho-chi, boner, fence trail running east towards high ridge, then south on high ridge to its end (the point), then back north on the ozark trail that was used in 12HOT, then pop out near the end of ozark and head west to the doulbe track, then the pop corn chute (popcorn chute, the trail that has the bridge near the upper pond close to the old parking lot), then out of the woods down Elwood, the lip buster, main trail head and that's a 6 mile loop... It's gonna to be the best one ever...

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
okcycler said:
The start and finish area is east of the lower parking lot, then it heads south down the bomb cellar, out to the gravel road back towards the parking lot, right turn off gravel road going up to the area above the lower pond, then the main trail head, ho-chi, boner, fence trail running east towards high ridge, then south on high ridge to its end (the point), then back north on the ozark trail that was used in 12HOT, then pop out near the end of ozark and head west to the doulbe track, then the pop corn chute (popcorn chute, the trail that has the bridge near the upper pond close to the old parking lot), then out of the woods down Elwood, the lip buster, main trail head and that's a 6 mile loop... It's gonna to be the best one ever...
Man that is a pretty stacked loop. With the exception of the LoChi (which can't be used in a race due to the out & back nature of it) most of my favorite trails are being used.

Too bad the West side can't be used for racing, there's some good stuff over there too. I do miss riding at Turkey for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
okcycler said:
I've been riding out there for like six years and I have absolutely no idea what you just said, lol. I'm not interested in racing (I'll be riding Keystone this weekend to avoid the crowd), but is there a map with trail names on it somewhere or do I have to know somebody that knows somebody that knows this stuff??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XC Race in tulsa, OK Sunday April 24th

Krabill said:
I've been riding out there for like six years and I have absolutely no idea what you just said, lol. I'm not interested in racing (I'll be riding Keystone this weekend to avoid the crowd), but is there a map with trail names on it somewhere or do I have to know somebody that knows somebody that knows this stuff??
You can find some maps at www.t-townbicycles.com , the maps are a little out of date, but it has the nuts and bolts of Turkey...

Happy trails, BW

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know my way around . . . I just had no idea the trails had names, lol. Well, I know the hi, mid, & low trails were named, but I've never heard the rest of them you talked about.

<-------- that picture was taken about half way up the cliff at the end of the trail by the river (is that LoChi?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XC Race Tulsa OK

Krabill said:
I know my way around . . . I just had no idea the trails had names, lol. Well, I know the hi, mid, & low trails were named, but I've never heard the rest of them you talked about.

<-------- that picture was taken about half way up the cliff at the end of the trail by the river (is that LoChi?)
Yeah, if it's the hike a bike section at the end of Lo-chi that goes up to Ho-chi. Here are some basic names of trails that run north and south along the side of the river starting from the bottom ,Lo-Chi, Ho-chi, Hi-chi, High ridge...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.