Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did hav a spec xc expert but sold it for a pitch pro so i kan hav a bit more fun on it with the dwnhill etc!

however, iam entering a marathon in 'builth wells', thats south wales uk, its my first race and iam aware that my bike isnt exactly the bike 2 do it it on, is there anyfin i can do 2 make it a little easier for myself? apart from settin my rockshox pikes dwn as low as possible obviously!

i fink im reasonably fit, but more than anyfin, im just to stubborn 2 giv in, which helps doesnt it lol!

please could u advise.......thanks (race is this sunday 6th july)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im so new 2 the whole mtb game, that iv never even taken a wheel off my bike or any other...... so im just gonna get my head dwn and pedal until my toe nails fall off !! 1st race...... rite up 4 it!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
G4VNJ said:
i fink im reasonably fit, but more than anyfin, im just to stubborn 2 giv in,
Are you new to English as well?

If you are entering a marathon race, you really should learn to change a flat tire.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rkj__ said:
Are you new to English as well?

If you are entering a marathon race, you really should learn to change a flat tire.
i don't know how 2 take that, ''are u new to english aswell?'' is that attitude cos im typin like txtin on a mob???

its more of a fun marathon rather an all out race, u dont get a position just a time so im not worried about changing a inner tube, i hav du it b 4, just not in a long time (it was kinda of a joke).......... if it takes me longer than it would take u, i wont b bothered!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyway, regardless of that being ''iv got a bigger dick than u cos iv bn on this forum longer'' OR NOT?? i did the marathon 2day, it was 53km in nitemare conditions, so wet, so muddy, just climb atfer climb, relentless! did it 4hrs 49mins, dunno how that tallies up, but i passed lot of people as i started at the back, it being the 1st martahon i hav dun, and i was beaten by a lot of riders i bet ! anyway, it was a lot harder tha expected so i got an idea now of how hard i hav 2 train for the nxt one! christ my legs r killling me lol! the pitch was gs tho, but i could clearly see the benefits of a hardtail!!!

p.s they had a 'merida 96' there for sale, £7500!!!!!! they r using it in the olympics apparently? all carbon fibre! and i mean all !!!!!!! what i picked up on tho was it had gripshift gears...... f*** me wasnt that a bif flop??? why do it again???

·
Registered
141 Posts
G4VNJ said:
i don't know how 2 take that, ''are u new to english aswell?'' is that attitude cos im typin like txtin on a mob???
His point is that your posts are hard to read because of the way you choose to write. If you are sending text messages from a cell phone it serves a purpose, but if you have a full-sized keyboard availabe it does not. . People will likely comment on it from time to time because of personal preference, I doubt dicksize or postcount have much to do with it.I personally find it annoying, but its completely up to you off course

Regardless of that, good job on completing the race. The pitch is definately not the ideal bike for an xc race, but it sounds like it works fine for you. I've found out the hard way that until you build up enough experience/endurance, it doesnt matter what you ride anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.