Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Phoenix Wednesday (01-13) thru Monday (01-18) and wondering if there are any XC group rides in the area. I ride a HT SS and a 4 inch geared bike. I am staying South West of South Mountain in a rental house and was planning to ride the DC trail from the Foothills parking area. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I can ride Thursday - Sunday. I'm also up for night riding.

Eddie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have a car and I don't mind driving for some good riding. I don't think I will have internet where I'm staying so if anyone wants to meet up, PM me prior to Wednesday. I'm up for 2-3 hour rides. Again I'll have my SS or geared XC bike.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I will probably ride the DC on Thursday morning around 7:30-8am-ish. The west side of DC (from Telegraph Pass to Watertank) is more fun then the east side. But the east side will get you over to Pima Canyon where you can go do Mormon/National or Mormon/Javelina or East/West Loop. I usually start at Warpaint and then go west or east depending on how I feel that day.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...Dr,+Phoenix,+Maricopa,+Arizona+85044&t=h&z=16

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning on riding the DC trail from the Foothills trail entrance to the east end and back. From what I've read, I won't be interested in the other trails you have mentioned. It sounds like I would be walking my bike down a bunch of stuff on the National Trail.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
eddie, a small group of older, intermediate xc "slow riders" are going to ride at white tanks this saturday morning. if you're interested, pm me your cell # and i'll call you when we get the details down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the slow response. I don't get online until later in the day. CrankyMonkey, I was thinking about rolling by 9am. I know you mentioned riding earlier but I'm coming off of working nights so it's hard for me to get to sleep at a "normal" time.

kaboose, I'll PM you my cell. I'm not from the area so I don't know where or what White Tanks is.

I'll be coming into the area tomorrow afternoon from So Cal. I have never rode in this area. I have only done the old pueblo course. All the info on the trails I have found on the post at the top of the page. So, I'm winging it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.