Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my Specialized Epic frame. The seat tube has previously cracked, I got it fixed, but I highly suspect the repair is breaking down and it's going to crack again. As such, I'm in the market for a new frame. I'd love to get another Epic frame, but the only frameset option Specialized has is the S-Works option (4k without the fork), which is way outside my price range. I'm looking at spending something like $2,000-$3,000. Does anyone have a suggestion for a solid XC race frame in that price range? I'd prefer non-boost spacing as my current wheels aren't boost and either buying a new set or rebuilding my current set would seriously increase the price tag.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If you're okay buying online then I bet you can find a NOS frame for a song with the old spacing. If frame only, then keep in mind if adapters are available for your rear hub and you're reusing the fork then it's not a lot of extra cost to do. Unless the cranks won't work, and I don't know about that. Relacing to a new rear hub is the other option, and maybe a shop would cut you a deal on the frame/replace combo.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.