1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
laufer said:
rocky, gravel and dirt tracks, fields, forests
I drive in SPORT category
I drive HT, but I'd like to buy FS because of rocky tracks
If you race on courses that just have some rocky parts, then and HT will still be faster and more cost effective, however if at least half the distance is really rocky and rough (needing to constantly stand up to advoid jarring) a full suspension will probably make you a little faster. FS is not going to be cheap, so you could just upgrade your current rig with $2000 in new parts. If you went FS you might end up spending close to $2000 just on a nice frame/shock.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
laufer said:
Hi, guys, what do you think about this one?
http://www.kellys-bicycles.com/index.php?module=catalog&cPath=1_71_82&pID=9114

I drive XC races, nothing profesionally. What do you prefer for racing, HT or full suspension?
Can you recommend something else for about 2000$ ?
Sorry if my spelling is wrong :smilewinkgrin:
your spelling is great! better than many of the native english speakers on this forum! however, we generally say "ride" rather than "drive". so it would be "I ride in Sport category" or "I ride in XC races". :)

sorry, i don't know much about the bike you are looking at. it looks like a good all-around FS bike from the specs. i am not a big fan of the Hayes HFX-9 brakes but other than that, it looks like a solid bike.

rt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.