Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting a new X9 rear derailleur on my bike and have found there is a small amount of float once the derailleur is bolted up as the bolt is not threaded all the way to the end. I assume this is not normal (first SRAM derailleur) and that I just need a washer to take up the slack between the derailleur and the hanger?

Cheers

·
I Love my Rize
830 Posts
Don't shim it

tacc13 said:
I am in the process of putting a new X9 rear derailleur on my bike and have found there is a small amount of float once the derailleur is bolted up as the bolt is not threaded all the way to the end. I assume this is not normal (first SRAM derailleur) and that I just need a washer to take up the slack between the derailleur and the hanger?

Cheers
It is in the design of the sram derailleurs, they don't have a floating upper pulley. The whole derailleur floats instead. Just bolt it on and experience the best shifting you will have seen to date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.