Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the difference between these shifters? Specifically functional differences and weight differences, not so concerned with aesthetics. I tried bikes with the X7 and X9 shifters today and while the X9 certainly looked nicer and felt nicer to the touch, they seemed to shift the same.

(I'm looking at the 9 speed).

Thanks!

Monti

·
Dirt Huffer
1,755 Posts
They all shift the same. You're paying for something that is less weight. x9 has the same shifting quality as the XO but the XO weighs slightly less and looks better. I have not used the x7 so I cannot comment on it

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
SRAM 9-speed Shifters:

SRAM X0 Twisters are the FASTEST SHIFTING units, in the wild west. Just one turn and the chain slithers from the large cassette cog to the smallest, in less than one second. Thumbing all nine gears with the triggers will be about 3x slower. Plus, the twisties weigh much less than the complex triggers. It's no wonder why most World Cup XC pros use X0 Grip Shift....instantaneous shifts, and the ability to fine-trim the front derailleur cannot be beat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.