Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Submit to your ride!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda on the fence here about which frame to buy. My intent is to get a 5inch frame, so that means I would have to upgrade the Salt whereas the X5 is standard. The only real other difference could be weight (X5 is more) and the fact that the seat angle on the X5 is 73 vs 71.3 on the Salty. I'm kinda surprised at this since I thought the Salty was more of a race bike and would be steeper...

My usage would be for all-round trail riding with the occassional 24-hour race for fun.

Thanks for the input..

SS Slave

·
aka Willy Vanilly
485 Posts
I think if you're going to race the Salty would be a better pick simply b/c of the weight of the frame. I've got an X-5 and I love it but I don't know about racing it...

·