Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in classifieds as well. Was wondering the interest in

Selling a half year old Ventana X5 large in a blue frame with quad bearing upgraded stiffer rear end (their tandem rear )

The bike is built with a Z1 Free Ride Marzochi fork
Chris King Headset
Maxm Carbon fiber bars
Thompson stem
XT Cranks
XT rear cog 12-34
Sram PC99 Chain
Hope Mono M4 brakes
Thompson seat post
Chris King hubs
DT Swiss Rims
XO rear Der
X0 grip shifters
XT front der
WTB Laser V saddle
Salsa QR skewers
Salra seat clamp
Yeti Grips lockjaws
Push Float rear shock
Time Pedals (new style)

Quad bearing upgrade !!
6" linkage with 5" travel shock, effetive travel is 5.3"

Bike is in great shape, small scratches from brake cables, dirt, etc. No damage.

Cost me $4800 last year

Please email me at

[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I am in the San Fran area moving to the midwest. need something with alot less travel, like a 3.5" travel bike alot lighter.

plus i broke my ankle, so i won't be riding anytime son and I need to buy a engagement ring.

getting old, priorities

·
Registered
243 Posts
randomsurplus said:
Where were you three weeks ago when I ordered a new one with almost all the same components?
;)

One of my riding buddies here is interested. He's gonna swing a leg over mine when it gets here next week and if he likes it get yours if you still have it. Could you post or send some pics? Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P Fradale said:
Where were you three weeks ago when I ordered a new one with almost all the same components?
;)

One of my riding buddies here is interested. He's gonna swing a leg over mine when it gets here next week and if he likes it get yours if you still have it. Could you post or send some pics? Thanks
sure thing. Its priced to sell right now...jsut let me know. I'll be out of town for 2.5 week after this weekend however.

·
Registered
179 Posts
how about this?

Is it still available?

I have an '04 El Salt with a comparable build with 3/4/5 rockers and a FOX Talas RLC 80 - 125 up front - want to think about a trade? It seems that my El Salt would give you the shorter travel trail bike that you are looking for and I am interested in the increased standover and jump-ability of the X5 frame and all it's travel.

whaddayathink??

kev

·
aka greyranger
507 Posts
04 vs 05

Fuhgetaboudit said:
Your X-5 is the 2004 geometry then - Correct? Will make a difference to some for rear shock choices, travel and handling.
The HA on the 05 is 69, and with the 05 you can use shocks with piggy backs( Fox Dhx). The 04 specs should still be up on the web site after clicking on the x-5. If there is any questions just call Ventana, Sherwood is always happy to answer your questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.