Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, and props to Sherwood, I am so impressed with my X5. I took it to Mr. Toads, climbed an ungodly 20 miles at 9000 f (lots of access closed due to blasting) then decended down.

Next day, did Loon lake, which for those who have not gone there is a nice techie ride. About 14 miles up 2-3 ft drops and loose head size rocks, roots, etc.

The X5 performed amazing ! At one point, i had no speed at all going up this inclide with roots, loose rocks. I was at a complete stall, then just powered through it. But what amazed me was the traction I had. On my other bikes when I would do that, I might have snapped a chain due to flex, but just amazed how it accelerated over the obstacles.

A little heavy climbing the first day with the Z1 i think I might switch over to the Talas and the go with 5" rockers, but man og man, i love this bike !!

p.s. Push float is great, I dumped the Romic in a heartbeat. First time I have ever used "air" stuff, and firmly believe in it.

·
Trail Rider
914 Posts
randomsurplus said:
Well guys, and props to Sherwood, I am so impressed with my X5. I took it to Mr. Toads, climbed an ungodly 20 miles at 9000 f (lots of access closed due to blasting) then decended down.

Next day, did Loon lake, which for those who have not gone there is a nice techie ride. About 14 miles up 2-3 ft drops and loose head size rocks, roots, etc.

The X5 performed amazing ! At one point, i had no speed at all going up this inclide with roots, loose rocks. I was at a complete stall, then just powered through it. But what amazed me was the traction I had. On my other bikes when I would do that, I might have snapped a chain due to flex, but just amazed how it accelerated over the obstacles.

A little heavy climbing the first day with the Z1 i think I might switch over to the Talas and the go with 5" rockers, but man og man, i love this bike !!

p.s. Push float is great, I dumped the Romic in a heartbeat. First time I have ever used "air" stuff, and firmly believe in it.
Anything negative about the feel of the short air shock with the 6 in. rockers? I'm thinking about the 6in. rockers and the short air shock.
The Talas seems like a good choice also either way.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Quattro said:
Anything negative about the feel of the short air shock with the 6 in. rockers? I'm thinking about the 6in. rockers and the short air shock.
The Talas seems like a good choice also either way.
I'm running the 6" rockers with a Z1 up front and quite happy with the setup. The bike does feel a bit tall though in comparison to its little ElFuego friend, but then agian it also has a different purpose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bike with 6" rockers, running a Z1 feels amazing. Great for bombing down hill, but even better for flicking it around and best of all, leaning in corners. Feels very fast in terms of streeting...a better word would be balanced. I added a little too much air on the Z1 once, brought hte head angle up, so it felt like a motorcycle hehhee

props is kinda like kudos.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I do have the tandem rear end, so it weighs a little more and is a little more beefier. Quad bearings as well. Once you get into the 220 mark, you bash equipment. Not to mention I carry two 100 oz bladders with tools, spare parts, extra hanger, etc. I'm probably knocking 235 lbs when riding I bet, if not more :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts