Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great trip to the NUT, chock full of nutty fun!
Extremely excellent exhibitions of extasy!

Here are some photos.

·
Known Mountainbiker
873 Posts
XXXcellent ride!!! It was XXXcellent of us to do trail work on that trail XXXspecially making the washout passable (water runoff being the factor). XXXcept for the large amounts of POak, the ride was quite possibly the best ride of the summer. XXXceptional weather too.

Until neXXXt year...........

Kinda suXXXs that you posted photos of me, now I have to XXXplain to my boss why I wasn't home sick in bed. I'm so gonna get the aXXXe. Oh well, guess I got neXXXt weekend off :D

Caz

P.S. no more X jokes, man.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh, wait, I WAS there! Man, some things are a little hazy from the weekend.....

Funny, we hit it in the prime of the blooming rhododendrons, but none of the pics show it. Freakin' gorgeous out there!

Great group, great riding. Deer Leap might be my favorite section of trail, but it's hard to choose. Tioga section was as fun and pee-oaky as ever, but a couple of post-ride scrubdowns in the river and I was good to go.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Great pics

I wish I could post more than five pics at a time like that. I recognized several of the areas, I guess there was no time to lolly gag in the hot spring. Did you guys to all that in one day?

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On Saturday, we rode Hot Springs section, and approx half Dread and Terror section as an out and back, and then did Deer Leap downstream only. I bailed out to the road at that point, and the other 4 finished with Jessie Wright.
We camped at Eagle Rock campground, 1/2 mile upstream from the bottom of Jessie Wright section.

Sunday, we rode Marsters, Calf, Panther, Mott, and then Albee rode Tioga alone while we enjoyed Blizzards at Dairy Queen.:D

Here's a link to the best trail map available online for the NUT, and it shows each individual section with the trailhead info.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/umpqua/publications/Brochures/north-umpqua-trail-brochure.pdf

My pics of Sunday will be up in an hour, so stay tuned. I only have 15-20 good shots from Sunday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bonus photos! So I decided to run up and back down the Maidu segment from Kelsay Valley. I wish this wasn't in the wilderness because it would easily be my favorite section to ride. :sad: 2000 feet of steady climbing followed by a fast downhill coming back. Every time I stopped I was instantly enveloped in a cloud of mosquitoes despite being covered in repellent. Up at 6000' the trail was about half covered with snow from Lucille Lake to Maidu Lake and melting fast. So that should give you some idea of what is happening at elevation.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.