Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny, I forgot what people did when they had free time after work. Took the blue trail early off the carriage path through a section I haven't seen before. Hemlocks are creepy, the twisty branches remind me of sleepy hollow or something.. Looks like they want to entwine you and drag you off the trail

Followed by a section that went past some old cabins, there was an old chimney, and this.

Had an interesting mechanical. As I was going over a roller my dérailleur got sucked into my spokes. So, I'm way back on the bike with the seat in front of my chest, butt almost on the tire and my rear wheel locks up. Needless to say, I continue forward when my bike decides it doesn't want to. The result was painful, but somehow I didn't crash. The bike looked a bit off though.

But surprisingly, a new (or old, less bent) hanger and I'm good to go again. It's like an engineer was planning on that happening... Oh wait, they were. The derrailleur has seen better days, but it's still ticking too.

The weather was perfect, lower 70's and dry with a bit of a breeze.

Temperature dropped as soon as the sun went down, so It was a quick downhill in the failing light to the car.

That was a good idea..

·
Coyotewoman
184 Posts
Very cool post:thumbsup: Great pics,looks like a VERY cool place to ride,dig those trees,just maybe not at twilight:D

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
wrong way

We rode Case today - we always ride that spooky trail, but we ride it downhill. Its a killer trail - riding it without a dab is a good day.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts