Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I already posted this elsewhere but have not received any feedback.
I am looking into getting my girlfriend a new bike. It will be her first full suspension bike and I was wondering what people think of the Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII Expert 2006. The price is exceptional. The only problem is that the bike would have to be purchased without trying it. Her present bike is a 14" Cannondale hardtail and the IH would be a 15".
Has anyone riding the MKIII and what were your thoughts on it.
Thank you for all your help.
Eric

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
The IH is a great riding bike, though since they switched away from the Progressive 5th Element, there is some talk that the shock that is spec'd has detracted from the ride. With an appropriate upgrade (eventually) the bike rides great. Most important that you ascertain the effective top-tube length of her current ride and compare it with the IH. Was her hardtail professionally fitted? How tall is she? Are her hands large enough to not need women's specific components? There will be a weight differential between her current ride and the IH, though a properly sized and set-up ride will more than offset that change. When set up properly, the IH is a great bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.