Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
chollaball said:
My forerunner 201 is at Garmin for service - Goat Camp rattled something loose. I have my wife's 301, but it wont upload tracks anymore. Or I can take my big honkin Garmin and all its mass. :madman:

so, anyone else on the Quad Bypass planning to GPS and then upload to motionbased, etc?
Either I or my friend will have a Garmin 301 on the bike...so no worries. We'll have the sucker mapped out.

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll also have my eTrex along for fun, so really no worries at all, err...except worries about completing the ride, err...while there's still day/twilight.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Random thoughts...

- Count has been updated
- If you're doing this on a SS, you'll need to sign a waiver...then again, it would end up being inadmissable because you're clearly not in control of your faculties...
- I think I will bring name tags and a Sharpie. You triathletes (and there are some Ironman finishers in here...:eek: ) can just write on your arms...
- If I had thought enough ahead, I would have ordered plates for the bikes, like race number things, where we could write names...
- I'm gonna pack on a good first aid kit. Hopefully, they'll be some others. Anybody trained as a Wilderness First Responder?
- Bring enough tubes for the inevitable flats on all the damn rocks, particularly on the rocking downhills. I'm gonna pack two or three myself (29'er tubes, though)
- I'm also throwing some cervezas in a cooler for the after-ride...
- I'm going to try and have printed maps to hand out ahead of time.
- Remember $5 for the snack stop. Thanks to titusbro (Pat) for coordinating that.

More to follow...

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Have fun guys and gals. I think this ride has all the factors that may make it an ongoing yearly event that grows and grows each year and ultimately becomes a mega gathering, like the Flight of the Pigs. It certainly has a catchy name and the leadership. I am sorry I will miss it.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
now that you have mentioned it, if you dont bring it you will totally need it. and thanks a lot for the 2 or 3 tubes!

I'm considering packing a condom "just in case..."

·
3,049 Posts
Walt, I was gonna bring nametags, never thought anyone took me seriously about that one! Maybe I'll bring some colorful markers instead.

I have a (not current) WFR certification, and will pack my usual small first aid/emergency kit. And two (slime, 29) tubes.

Is there gonna be a lawyer present to vet us SSers (no suspension either, what does that fall under?)

Gettin' psyched!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,181 Posts
Whoohooo!!! I will be there on the Salsa and am looking forward to it!!

I've been holding off responding, trying to get word from Dale and others. No commitments yet but I think Dale will show up just so he can map the darn thing!!! Recall that he had to bail early on the last big Walt ride due to a blown rear hub. Come on Dale.... we need a special Dale map of the McDowells!!

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
I am a maybe, I will be racing the marathon tomorrow at McDowell so I will see how I feel after that. I wiped out in a crit last weekend which wrecked my handlebars, shifters and cost me a dented frame and some skin so I am a little banged up right now. I would like to check out the McDowell trails, but it might have to wait.

Kevin

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
map - I think

I've put together a comprehensive sketch of the route, based on others' maps and posts. (If its wrong, let me know and I'll yank it down so as not to confuse).
I can't wait!

Attachments

·