Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posting this as a new thread so it doesn't get missed...

First of all, here's the thread on the ride as it was un-stickified when this was stickied:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259592

At this point, it's looking like at least 43 riders, potentially up to 46-47. We're gonna have a peloton...

Please take a look and let me know if you're NOT coming. No need to confirm if you are. And if you're a possible, or haven't posted, but are coming, please post up and let me know. We're arranging to stock the support stop (remember a $5 contribution if you'll be partaking at Golden Eagle).

Here's who says they're coming (I'm updating this as I get updates):
waltaz, ~su.ling, AKA Monkeybutt (Jeff), dirtrodr (Chris), DurtGurl (Kathleen), epicrider (Dale), NardoSS, chongoman, chongoman's friend Jeff, Fattraxx (Aaron), cycljunkie (Jim), cstuttle (Craig), chollaball (Jason), Salty Dog (Tommy), AZVW, ionsmuse (Dave), zort, dgangi (Doug) + 1 MTB chick, neyezar (Simon), SvenPHX, titusbro (Pat), Dana, Mark, Paul D. (friend of Walt's) + 9 buds (yes, that's a nine - strong Tuhkee-ins) + 3 more hot MTB chicks (per Paul) for the first two Bypasses, u2metoo (Sam), az_cholla, Kata, Nick, AZMikey (uh...Mike) and brianc (uh...Brian) for the first Double

titusbro and cstuttle will be joining from the Fountain Hills side; titusbro somewhere between Windgate and Bell, and cstuttle at Windgate Pass.

Possibles:
baycat, Flying Wombat (Kevin), Jim W., Bill Lundberg (did you get the memo...?)

Bueller...Bueller...

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
waltaz said:
Posting this as a new thread so it doesn't get missed...

At this point, it's looking like at least 23 riders, potentially up to 30. Please take a look and let me know if you're NOT coming. No need to confirm if you are. And if you're a possible, or haven't posted, but are coming, please post up and let me know. We're arranging to stock the support stop (remember a $5 contribution).

Here's who says they're coming:
waltaz, ~su.ling, AKA Monkeybutt (Jeff), dirtrodr (Chris), DurtGurl (Kathleen), The Fuzz (Joe), NardoSS, chongoman, Fattraxx (Aaron), cycljunkie (Jim), cstuttle (Craig), kopec, chollaball, Salty Dog (Tommy), AZVW, ionsmuse (Dave), cpmrules, zort, dgangi (Doug), neyezar (Simon), SvenPHX, titusbro (Pat), Paul D. (friend of Walt's)

Possibles:
Crash_FLMB (Rodney), AZMikey (Mike), az_cholla, baycat

Likely additionals:
kopec (how many in "the crew" from Tukee will be coming with you?), Paul D. (likely 1-3 buds in addition to him)
Kathleen - any of your "crew" coming (e.g. Dale)?
Hey Walt -

My friend Eric is planning on coming with me.

With as many riders as have decided to come, have you considered bail-out options? I bet there will be at least a few people who have to turn back at some point. We'll need bail-out options for those riders who are having trouble with the ride or need to cut it short for other reasons.

Thx...Doug

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bail-Out Options

dgangi said:
With as many riders as have decided to come, have you considered bail-out options? I bet there will be at least a few people who have to turn back at some point. We'll need bail-out options for those riders who are having trouble with the ride or need to cut it short for other reasons.
I've posted bail-out options a couple of times previously, but here they are again so they're not buried:

BTW, bail points are:
1. After completion of the first two Bypasses and coming down Bell, instead of taking Paradise over to Quartz, etc., you can just head back to the car at Basha's. That's probably 2.5 hours in.
2. Lost Dog TH at 124th St., then ride the road back (Frank Lloyd Wright to Thompson Peak to Basha's). Probably 3.5 hours in.
3. Hidden Hills TH at 144th St. and Via Linda after descending Sunrise. Take roads back - Via Linda to FLW then back as noted above. Probably 4.5-5 hours in.

After that, we go up and over to Golden Eagle in Fountain Hills. You COULD bail there, but you'll need a ride back as it's on the other side of the mountains.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
well given all the cool kids will be here. and I've never ridden the mcdoles...put me in the possibly/probibly cat.

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brianc said:
well given all the cool kids will be here. and I've never ridden the mcdoles...put me in the possibly/probibly cat.
Nice...bring the big camera...make you work a little harder...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Walt,

It has been a toss-up for us, but our 24 hour team is planning on pre-riding the old pueblo course this weekend - due to busy schedules the following 3 weeks up to the race.

Sorry to miss the carnage - and for the late reply

Kopec

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kopec said:
Walt,

It has been a toss-up for us, but our 24 hour team is planning on pre-riding the old pueblo course this weekend - due to busy schedules the following 3 weeks up to the race.

Sorry to miss the carnage - and for the late reply

Kopec
No problem at all...thanks for the heads up...

·
3,049 Posts
So, for those of us (me) who've never been around the valley, it looks like I take 101 to Bell, exit, and go east, Basha's will be obvious?

Also, who's bringing name tags?

Planning on rolling in a little after 8.

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ionsmuse said:
So, for those of us (me) who've never been around the valley, it looks like I take 101 to Bell, exit, and go east, Basha's will be obvious?

Also, who's bringing name tags?

Planning on rolling in a little after 8.
I haven't come in that way from the 101, but once you get off on the Bell Rd. exit from the 101, go east on Bell Rd. past the Alltell Ice Den, etc., Basha's will be up about a mile or so on the right. I don't think you can miss it.

I've actually thought about name tags...

I should be there at 8.

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
ionsmuse said:
You cant exit Bell coming from the North.
You must exit Pima and take frontage road south to Bell, then go left (east):thumbsup:

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dirtrodr said:
You must exit Pima and take frontage road south to Bell, then go left (east):thumbsup:
Thanks, Chris...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm in.

For the poster asking about the 101 exit: from north/west, get off at Pima/Princess. From the south, get off at Frank Lloyd Wright. In either case, continue on the frontage road to Bell, and head east toward the mountains, and you can't miss Basha's.

·
3,049 Posts
dirtrodr said:
Cheers. Exactly what my small-town self was worried about. I shall do my best to not get lost.

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
waltaz said:
count has been updated...:thumbsup:
A friend who is staying with my family is also going to join in. Her name is Lori and she is a racer from Missouri. She's out here for physical therapy school for a few months. She's also on our 24HITOP co-ed team.

So up your count by one. And up your chick count by one. I'm sure SuLing and Kathleen won't mind.

Thx...Doug

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
GPS Nerds - need your help!

My forerunner 201 is at Garmin for service - Goat Camp rattled something loose. I have my wife's 301, but it wont upload tracks anymore. Or I can take my big honkin Garmin and all its mass. :madman:

so, anyone else on the Quad Bypass planning to GPS and then upload to motionbased, etc?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts