Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
29er zealot
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fortunate enough to ride in many places this year, with the best of friends. This is just a sampling of some of the places, and people I've ridden with. Here's to hoping 2010 is as good as 2009! :thumbsup:

January

Shiner's Run, Wilkesboro, NC

February

Dark Mountain, Wilkesboro, NC

March

Forsythia and bike, Overmountain Victory Trail Wilkesboro, NC

April

Blue Ridge Parkway to Heartbreak Ridge, Pisgah National Forest near Old Fort, NC

May

China Creek Trail, Pisgah National Forest NC (Rider: Alex Ryan)

June

Bird Pooh on my leg, Owl's Roost Trail Greensboro, NC

July

Creekside Trail near Winter Park, Colorado

August

West Branch State Park, Ravenna, Ohio (Rider: Heath Brown)

September

Cedar Rock Trail, Dupont State Forest, NC

October

Brown County Breakdown, near Nashville, Indiana

November

The only road riding shot, my friend Erich egging me on, on the road to the mountains.

December

Looking to the highest point east of the Mississippi, Mt. Mitchell Pisgah National Forest, NC

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Here are 12 months from my archive

January with #1 son on the airstrip in DuPont
09-01.JPG

February not my kid catching some big air on Burnt Mtn
09-02.JPG

March some techy Pisgah on Buckwheat
09-03.JPG

April Burnt mtn downhill
09-04.JPG

May Checkpoint on the PMBAR
09-05.JPG

June group trip to Bull Mtn in GA
09-06.JPG

July Squirrel Gap
09-07.JPG

August roasting gloves on the southern traverse trail in VA
09-08.JPG

September Maida fest in DuPont
09-09.JPG

October Take a kid mtn biking day
09-10.JPG

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
froth14 said:
I'm glad I was able to make it to Maida Fest 09...hopefully there will be another in '10?

yep we will do it again in 2010. Once again on Labor Day weekend. Camping at Black Forest. Mega ride at DuPont.

ALSO

We will be doing a bunch of other camping and riding type trips.

The first will be April 9-11 in Pisgah.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Who is the fat guy in the July pic?

Mikey's year in review.

I enjoyed meeting and riding with you and a few other Ashevillians this past year. I discovered a few new trails (for me) this past year. I rode Dark Mt./Warrior Creek for the first time, and made my first trips to FATS and Raccoon Mtn.. I rode my first 50 mile race and came in 100th out of 103 finishers. Most people have enough sense to quit after 6 hours, but not me. I think I beat an 80 year old woman on a Huffy. They ran out of beer before I got to the keg. Lots of long rides with Steve Fincher in Dupont. Steve likes to go up the slick rock the hard way after you have about 25 miles in you. Did my 2nd Swank and managed to take 30 minutes off of last year's time.

This year, I really gotta try ORAMM for the first time. I am running out of excuses for not doing it.

Happy New Year!

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
I'm a Winter Park local, creepin around to see some Pisgah pics, and was happily surprised to see my favorite slice of Grand County singletrack in your pics. Knew the spot as soon as I saw the view of Byer's Peak. Good stuff.

·
29er zealot
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comment! I think my favorite trail in that area was Tipperary Creek..well worth the climb! I loved Colorado, but by the end of two weeks I was itching for some slick as snot roots and rocks in Pisgah. Both have their fun parts! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts