Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Posted this in the XC Racing forum as well. Thought these 2 forums would be the best for input on this--->

Quick question. I sent my 3.5 yrs old Eggbeater 4ti's into CB to have the springs replaced as there was a fair amount of play. They are replacing the springs under warranty and charging me $20 for the rebuild service.
Under their upgrade program I can get a new set of Eggbeater 11's for $170. Cheapest I can find these is $299 through Pricepoint.

For those of you that have experience with both is the new version that much better?

I noticed the new ones have a higher weight limit (200 lbs) vs 185 lbs on the old ones. Not a major concern as I weigh from 165-173 depending on time of year, but I suppose I'm near the weight limit "geared up" on my old ones depending on time of year. I thought I had heard of the old 4ti spindles snapping, so a new set would certainly give me some piece of mind. I have logged a fair amount of miles on them in the past 3.5 yrs.

Anyway, ultimately, trying to justify if I should spend the $170 for a new set.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I would be willing to be you could get more then $130 for your 4ti's. My guess would be you could get closer to $200, meaning that the new 11's (if you want them) would only cost an extra $100. They tried this scam on me as well, just doesn't make sense financially.

BTW: The $170 is essentially dealer cost I believe.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm also interested in anybody's comparison of the old versus the new as I am also in the market for a new set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts