Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's always greener
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my Soulcraft 29er...and am thinking about the spec. Some of you have experiences with the H-bar, so I thought I'd post over here as well as the Brake Time forum:

------------------

I'm thinking of going with the Jones H-bar...Jeff (Jones) highly recommends using the shimano dual control shifters with the H-bar due to the fact that you can shift from most of the hand positions offered. My question is, if I go with the dual contol levers...can I use the discs from any other manufacturer? or am I going to have to use a shimano disc brake set up. FYI, I was leaning towards the Magura Marta SL as brakes.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
Cannonhead said:
I've ordered my Soulcraft 29er...and am thinking about the spec. Some of you have experiences with the H-bar, so I thought I'd post over here as well as the Brake Time forum:

------------------

I'm thinking of going with the Jones H-bar...Jeff (Jones) highly recommends using the shimano dual control shifters with the H-bar due to the fact that you can shift from most of the hand positions offered. My question is, if I go with the dual contol levers...can I use the discs from any other manufacturer? or am I going to have to use a shimano disc brake set up. FYI, I was leaning towards the Magura Marta SL as brakes.
hope was to offer the mono mini disc system for use with the shimano dual control levers. i don't think they ever made them though. call up hope.

or, just get the non-hydro levers and use avid mechs (what Jones himself uses).

in the past, i have used avid mechs, martas, xtr and the mono mini. i recently switched back to the avid mechs....they are that good!

·
No Reputation!
1,728 Posts
XT dual control with avid mechs here

Well on the right lever at least and it's a flat bar so maybe this isn't much to add to Kam's post but XT duals and avid mechs are working perfectly for me. I've got an h-bar with lx brake levers and avid mechs and it works perfectly as well. I luv'em! As far as shifting I think the duals would work way way better than the triggers. Way better. But if your question is about hydros I have no idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.