Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!! :arf: :arf: :arf:

I want, I want, I want!

Rene, is it similar to the Talas in that you can dial it to a specific travel and then just leave it, or a bit like the Zocchi's current ETA system?

Mfezi

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea what the MSRP is going to be on the 66SL, but I'd bet it will be less than the totem.
I hope the 66SL comes in black. Otherwise, my wife will have to know of my purchase! I've had 4 black marzocchi forks in the last couple years, as far as she knows, I've only had one. Another good reason to take all the stickers off; makes them look all the same.:D

SSINGA, did you get your SL back yet?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Renegade said:
I have no idea what the MSRP is going to be on the 66SL, but I'd bet it will be less than the totem.
I hope the 66SL comes in black. Otherwise, my wife will have to know of my purchase! I've had 4 black marzocchi forks in the last couple years, as far as she knows, I've only had one. Another good reason to take all the stickers off; makes them look all the same.:D

SSINGA, did you get your SL back yet?
Haven't been home to check - hopefully they just sent a new 66SL :eek:

The Rocco TST looks interesting too.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
nsmb about the 66SL said:
The compression can be adjusted to ramp up nicely and in true Marzocchi fashion it's smooth and subtle off the top - an extremely rare trait in air forks. The end of the ride down from Santa Barbara appears to be a poorly maintained Roman road. There are steps and uneven rocks and boulders and the 66 SL ate everything up. I played with the ATA - Marzocchi's new travel adjust system that dials between 140 and 180mm and the fork performed beautifully at both extremes and in the middle. The adjustment knob is on top of the left crown and it's easy to reach - you can easily tweak it and stay in the saddle.

Lyric? What's a Lyric? :D

Interesting to note that the tires will now be made by Kenda and not Nokian, and will come in sticky rubber.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tscheezy said:
Exactly. Only two things about the lyric I'm curious about, the maxle, and the mission control damping. A maxle would be nice on the 66, but it's not a show stopper for me. I can take a wheel off pretty quick. The mission control damping? Will it be noticeable? We'll find out. I'm still a die-hard marzocchi fan who's having a hard time thinking about buying a rockshox fork. I know, they've changed, it's just a hard leap of faith for me.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
tscheezy said:
Werd!

If Zoke's managed to move the compression to the crown, then to hack with the RS... I know I like how a Zoke damper feels... and they keep getting better. A Lyric will be too much of an unknown in comparison...not to mention Zoke would have to be crazy to up the price of the 66s to RS's stratospheric relm if they're happy with their current MSRP.

But once again Zoke picks a color for lowers that only half the market could live with.:D

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
SSINGA said:
Yes and it has 170-200mm adj travel!
best solution I've seen yet to my highline fork dilemma.
170mm 66 is perfect for the 8.5x2.5 rear shock geo.
180mm 66/totem/travis is likely to be too tall for the 8.5 and not tall enough for the 8.75.
The ability to easily tweak the ride height for the terrain is very desirable.

I want a roco too...

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
if only maxel was industry standard. not a deal breaker as renny said, but oh my wouldnt that be nice!

now for some apples and oranges: playin with darrens pushed lyric was the full whammy! im far from a rs guy as most of ya well know but, damn! i think they killed this time around and with a nudge job, well..... perfection as far as i could tell.

my dance card is open for '07. the 66 rc is just too tall. workable but awfully tall. i know. you told me so.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
The new RS gear needs battle testing before deployment

Renegade said:
I'm still a die-hard marzocchi fan who's having a hard time thinking about buying a rockshox fork. I know, they've changed, it's just a hard leap of faith for me.
WURD. The new RS gear looks pretty dope, but I'm loving my 66SL too much to look elseware, and I have yet to encounter a Marzo fork I haven't loved. Their track record is just really solid for me.

The other issue with the Lyric/Totem etc, is that they will all be rev#1 parts. I like buying at least half a season in when all the thrasher/basher/part destroyers have had their mitts on things and we begin to hear the war stories. Being an early adopter doesn't really float my boat with bike gear.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.