Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a replacement gear indicator for an X.0 twist shifter?

It's listed in the SRAM spare parts catalog as X.0 / X-9 / X-7 / Rocket Gear Indicator Kit, Left, part # 00.0000.200.561. I can't find that anywhere on line, though.

Closest I can find is: http://shop.hammerheadbikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=37&SKU=LD5673 - which is for 9.0/SL/Rocket shifters. Would this work? If not, where can I find the proper part?

· Registered
56 Posts
Annoyingly, I've managed to break the left indicator window too.

I'm thinking a second hand gripshift from eBay may be the cheaper option. Particularly if the window is common between similar gripshifters.

There's one point that puzzles me - according to the parts list, the left gear indicator window is common between X.0, X.9, X.7, Rocket and Attack, but looking at the online pictures, only the X.0 and Rocket have a black surround, the other 3 are clear.

Is anyone near a bike that has any of the above - I'd be grateful if you could check the left (front derailleur) gear indicator window.

Some pics - sorry they are of the other (right hand) shifter.
X.0 and Rocket

X.9, X.7 and Attack

One other question: My shifters were bought in 2004. Does anyone know if SRAM made any changes to the design - will 2006 parts fit ?

· Registered
23,745 Posts
I beliere its the gear indicators that are interchangeable, not the windows. I may be wrong,
or I may be right. As for ordering, you'll have to go through LBS. Call SRAMs customer
service. Ive never had any problem getting some answers.
Good luck.

Jake Pay, XO X9 n X7 Here.

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part I got from Hammerhead was a perfect match for the broken one on the X.0 shifter. Hammerhead doesn't do the full QBP catalog special order stuff right now, but you should be able to find the part at any other place that does, such as:

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/COMPSHMTNPRTSRAM/LD5673

I can't remember the price, but it was definitely a whole lot cheaper than a new shifter. It's nice that SRAM stuff is repairable, but it sucks that it's hard to find the replacement parts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.