Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone know that a King/dt/mavic 717 of the DT240/dt/mavic 717 are way more easy service, lighter, stiffer and better performane. (if I'm not wrong)
Why are there people still using Cross max? What are the advantage fo these factory prebuilt wheelset apart from cool looking? Is there something I need to know about these prebuilt wheelsets(X max, Shimano XTR or XT) before I go for a set of kings.

·
I love Pisgah
3,405 Posts
Not that I'm an Xmax fan by any means, but...

You can run std tires with Stans on Xmax wheels without having to use some relatively heavy rimstrips. One scope of Stans(+60gms), and your in business. This equates to easier use and a lighter overall package IF your into running tubeless.

Me? I've got 2.5 sets of AC/VXC/317/DT wheels, that I love. But, my "best" race wheelset are some 24 hole 3.1(819)UST rims laced with Marwi ti spokes/alum nips to a Hugi rr and Formula front hub for a total package of 1621gms. Lighter then Xmax, and still no rimstrips needed..just a scoop of the go-juice.

I HATE tubes, altho I still use'm otherwise for my std rimmed wheels ATM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.