Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spin-stabilized
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these in prep for a Rune in the not too distant future. I'm wondering if anyone is running one of these on their Rune. If so, HLR or RC? How does it ride?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Yup, I love this fork (HLR version is what I run). Tracks really well, has a nice plush feel, but the low speed damping makes a huge difference to how efficient you can make it if you want it for all day epic rides, and the structural stiffness is great for the weight. It is a bit higher than most 160mm forks, but I personally don't like a really low front end all that much so this doesn't bother me at all.

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
@ Keith, curious how does the extra height affect the BB height of the Spitfire? This is one of the main selling points of the Spitty, the low BB, so Ive been quite curious to know how much dif it makes, do you have any measurements in the slack setting with the Vengeance mounted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.