Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ridden both fork and have a good comparison between the two? I am currently using a 2010 Lyrik coil and am moderately happy, but the X fusion vengeance has been peaking my interest for a while now. I recently picked up a part time job at a local shop for fun and with the employee purchase program, I can get the X fusion fairly cheap.

What do you guys think, is it worth selling my Lyrik and giving X fusion a try or should I just stick with what I have.:confused:

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Which Lyrik (damper) do you have?

I've ridden the Vengeance HLR 2012 and a Lyrik MiCo DH coil 170mm (which is the best Lyrik out there)

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind a longer a2c to slacken my hta. I'm leaning towards keeping my lyrik though since I'm pretty happy with it at the moment. I just can't help but want to try a vengeance.
Vengeance vs. Lyrik DH Coil

The vengeance has better range of adjustment and you can feel every change made by a single click whereas in most non-tuned Lyriks, the compression adjusters basically do nothing. On damping I'd say the are almost on par, the vengeance damping feels sharp and "mechanical" while the Lyrik DH feels more marshmellowy, if you know what I mean. In a properly set up lyrik you feel like you are floating over stuff where as the vengeance feels like you are plowing through them.

If you compare a solo air with the vengeance hlr (air), the vengeance definitely has less stiction.

Also the vengeance is much more stiff, I am 66 kg and I can feel the Lyrik flex.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Stock mission control dampers definitely have very little change in the adjustments due to a weak stock shim stack that allows for oil flow on even the smallest hits. Adding a few shims solves the problem though.
Where is the info on how to do this? I like my Lyrik but would like a little more tuneability.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the X-Fusion Vengeance 170 coil on my Mojo HD and it's an awesome fork.
It's true, each click of the adjustment actually does something so it's extremely easy to dial in.

Other thing is I don't need a heavy spring for my 215lbs weight, the stock Med. spring works fine? Tacubaya any ideas why?

Yes, my 55 RC3 Ti is going up for sale.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i was thinking about Vengeance, but i looked at axle-to-crown
160mm xfusion has 560mm, whereas lyrik, float, 55 (other 160mm forks) have something between 543-545mm

they wanted to decrease A2C for 2012 (and maybe further for next versions)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the X-Fusion Vengeance 170 coil on my Mojo HD and it's an awesome fork.
It's true, each click of the adjustment actually does something so it's extremely easy to dial in.

Any reason for going with the coil? I ask because I am getting ready to convert my HD140 to the 160. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use X-fusion front and rear but I'm on the fence on coil vs air.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts