Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both forks have identical adjustments. the x fusion is alot cheaper.they will be going on a sinister ridge. what would you guys choose?

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wyatt79m said:
x-fusion, dare to be different.
yea but then you have dare to be warrantied too.

i already have a float 36 rc2 and its amazing. its taken everything i can throw at it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
the xfusion needs tools to remove the wheel but i think the lowers are cast at the same plant in taiwan that makes the fox lowers. if it was cheap enough i'd give xfusion a chance. i'd like to see how easy they are to service at home first though. i think ssteel is the canadian distributor maybe pm him and get his shpeel

here's his page
http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=234049

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Wasn't X-Fusion's parent company an OEM manufacturer for the big brands before and then moved into producing their own?

Aka that Taiwan plant spun off X-Fusion as their 'retail' arm?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
I've had a chance to ride an X-Fusion Vengeance, and it was frickin' awesome even without being dialed in for me.

But, I gotta' be honest, why is the Lyrik not on here?

Fox = too expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am riding a Vengeance right now. It is a huge improvement compared to it replaced Pike.
Much better damping. I don't know how it compares to Lyrik though.

·
528 Posts
Don't know if this will help but the axle to crown on the x-fusion is 560mm. Seems a little taller than most 160 forks.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nmtim said:
Don't know if this will help but the axle to crown on the x-fusion is 560mm. Seems a little taller than most 160 forks.
thats not an insignificant amount. especially on a hardtail.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
I've had a chance to ride an X-Fusion Vengeance, and it was frickin' awesome even without being dialed in for me.

But, I gotta' be honest, why is the Lyrik not on here?

Fox = too expensive.
because i have had a lyrik, 55ata, and 36 float and the 36 was by far the most reliable. the zoke was back to warranty 4 times, and the lyrik had to have parts replaced weekly.

thus my reasoning for a fox or x fusion

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Isnt the 36 something like 535 A-C? That is a pretty significant difference, in the feel of the bike alone. I prefer the 130mm on my chromag, but bump it to 160 when decending. I dont like the feel of 160 all the time, and I cant imagine another full inch higher all the time...

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Oh ouch, that's an additional inch up front.

Might consider a year-old 36 TALAS?

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds like i will end up with 2 fox 36 float rc2s

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
You could always send one my way ;)

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MMcG said:
I'd give the X-Fusion a try.
i would if the axle to crown was similar to the fox. but its a 160mm fork thats almost as tall as a 180mm totem..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts