Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with X-fusion rear shocks? Seems like all the talk is about Fox & RS. I am looking for a solid performer that has a platform to help my old Faux bar bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yeah, I have one of their old RL's with the old damper, was OK, but not impressed, got one of the new RCX for my Phantom and love the shock, works really well, love the 4 position switch, can really feel the difference between each position, use it all the time.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
I've gone through 4 different xfusion shocks on different bikes, all of them have performed excellent.
Their forks are really good too.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yup, have to agree, have a TRACE and despite also having the ability to also run F34s from 2012 or 2014, I choose the Trace, much better overall feel and dampening.
I've gone through 4 different xfusion shocks on different bikes, all of them have performed excellent.
Their forks are really good too.

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much range on the compression adjust? My last shock was a Trail Adjust CTD Float and the compression adjustments were very minimal.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I'd say from Full Open to almost fully locked with 2 positions in between. I'll ride it full open on the DHs, in either Open or 1st position depending on how rough the trail is flat/rolling, and in either the 1st, 3nd or 3rd position depending on how steep and how tech/rough the trail is. Basically the 3rd position is for road climbing if it's steep, other than that the 1st and 2nd work good for most stuff where you want/need some additional dampening.

How much range on the compression adjust? My last shock was a Trail Adjust CTD Float and the compression adjustments were very minimal.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm not very tuned into the subtleties of suspension, but for what it's worth...

On my (new to me-used) SB66 I recently swapped out a Pushed CTD for an O2 RCX and it's been a huge improvement across the board. Better climbing platform although rarely used, better small bump sensitivity, no blowing through travel, feels a bit more planted all around...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts