Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Just got a large X Carbon to check out.

Weighed in at 5.23 w/o seatpost clamp.

Should look good on top of my yellow wagon.

Just not sure how to pimp it out.
what headset are you using I need to get one for mine. medium weighs 5lbs w/o clamp and 4.63lbs with Ti and Aluminum bolts and DT carbon shock.

Attachments

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Headset

Limon said:
what headset are you using I need to get one for mine. medium weighs 5lbs w/o clamp and 4.63lbs with Ti and Aluminum bolts and DT carbon shock.
Titus is using a FSA integrated headset on the carbon frames.

How did you get one so quickly? What's your target ww weight?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Careful Bob!

Bikerbob.com said:
Just got a large X Carbon to check out.

Weighed in at 5.23 w/o seatpost clamp.

Should look good on top of my yellow wagon.

Just not sure how to pimp it out.
I wouldnt ride that thing in the snow or cold, it might shatter!:)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Titus is using a FSA integrated headset on the carbon frames.

How did you get one so quickly? What's your target ww weight?
got it through the shop here in Chicago. going for 17 lbs give or take with a lefty fork.
do you have the model number for the headset?

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
Now it is Titalized StumpX. Previous designs were so much attractive instead of this "X" design crap.... I'd still take the Ti or the aluminum....

:rolleyes:

Limon, do you upgrade your bike every year? You seem to have the ultimate unstoppable "I gotta have the latest and the greatest or I'm gonna shoot myself" bug.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Daffunda said:
Now it is Titalized StumpX. Previous designs were so much attractive instead of this "X" design crap.... I'd still take the Ti or the aluminum....

:rolleyes:

Limon, do you upgrade your bike every year? You seem to have the ultimate unstoppable "I gotta have the latest and the greatest or I'm gonna shoot myself" bug.
I don't think I would actually shoot my self :lol: and the latest and greatest right now is DW Link which I don't have so... :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
We Appreciate Your Feedback...

Daffunda said:
my bad.

I meant to say, "Titalized EnduX."
However, we also realize that we can't please everyone's taste. Although, if you take into account the product development life-cycle you would realize there was no way we could have even remotely looked to Specialized for design inspiration and have the two models be introduced in the same model year

Secondly, the "X" frame design is nothing new to Titus. Check out the inset photo of the attached image. You will see it is in our heritage. If anything I would say Specialized was copying us.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Titus Jeff said:
Secondly, the "X" frame design is nothing new to Titus. Check out the inset photo of the attached image. You will see it is in our heritage.

Thanks for your time.
Jeff, I am still looking for one of those thru-axle seat stays (also shown in the photo you attached)...PM me and I'll send you my mailing address. ;)

Secondly, the geometry numbers of the Supermoto DH always throw me for a loop. 17.75 inch chainstay length and a 14.7 inch BB height :eekster: ....my oh my how DH geometry has changed.

Also, love the color options!

·
K n e e m o i
506 Posts
Titus Jeff, no hard feelings meant from this side. I wasn't pointing fingers specifically. It just seems to me that the Racer X or X looks very similar to the new Spesh Epic, and now the X carbon looks very similar to the Spesh Enduro. Two for two seemed like more than a coincidence to me, but I'm not pointing fingers at either side..... Just my two cents.

I can for one say that I am more than happy with my Titus X, actually got a few podium spots last year.
:)

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FSA headset

Limon said:
got it through the shop here in Chicago. going for 17 lbs give or take with a lefty fork.
do you have the model number for the headset?
Orbit CF, Carbon- 15mm X 1 1/8
121-0435 Campagnolo style. 62g.

Might also use the CE version.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.