Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a Fisher Sugar 4+ last Feb. of last year and then got a 05 Fisher X-Caliber at Christmas last year. Need help deciding what to do with the Sugar. After spending some time on the 29er, I can really feel the advantages of the big wheels. I feel more stable, more speed, better climbing and descending. The X-Caliber is pretty much stock with a ThudBuster seatpost.

My only problem is I have become accustomed to the comfort of full suspension when standing in the saddle on descents or going over the palmetto and pine roots here in Florida.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
rgoolsby said:
Purchased a Fisher Sugar 4+ last Feb. of last year and then got a 05 Fisher X-Caliber at Christmas last year. Need help deciding what to do with the Sugar. After spending some time on the 29er, I can really feel the advantages of the big wheels. I feel more stable, more speed, better climbing and descending. The X-Caliber is pretty much stock with a ThudBuster seatpost.

My only problem is I have become accustomed to the comfort of full suspension when standing in the saddle on descents or going over the palmetto and pine roots here in Florida.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Buy a suspension post for the xcal.

or buy a sugar 293.

·
Is it play time yet?
331 Posts
Do your ride in Florida only? Seems to me it would be an ideal place to run a HT (pretty flat, sandy soil). By your own admission you seem to benefit from the FS in only a few situations.

Just my $.02, to each his own :cool:

-Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.