Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a question for any x-5 riders....do you have your handlebars set up higher, lower, or same height as your saddle? also, i have an 2006 x-5 that had a manitou minute4 130mm travel (505mm) axle to headset distance, but now have a 2007 minute 140mm travel which has a (511mm) which i got as a warranty replacement.....i seemed to have the bike dialed in the way i wanted it with the old fork and also by taking the advice of increasing the rear sag to around 30-35%....now with this new fork i'm trying some differant setups....it seems if i set the sag on the fork per manitous recomendation of around 32-36mm the bike wants to endo sometimes in the rock gardens....but it climbs well...if i set it up with only a little sag it wanders when climbing and then i have to drop the fork with the IT adjustment...thats no problem to do but with the old fork i could ride it most everywhere set at max travel of 130mm...you wouldn't think that only 10mm would make that much of a differance...any suggestions? thanks !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.