Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to a new frame and would like to price check a X-5 frame. I know MSRP is like $1,800. I also know that plenty of people don't pay MSRP. How much did you pay for your X-5 frame? I would prefer that people PM me if they got a really special deal. I don't want to publicize people's rock bottom price. I understand people need to make a living. At the same time I don't have $1,800 right now but really want a new frame.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Didn't get an X-5

But can point you to the names I keep seeing pop up.

Larry at Mountain High Cycles is who I got my Feugo from.
Heard many positive things about Charles from Hammerhead.
Also good things about Red Barn.

I'd also check and see if there are any '04's still hiding in stock. The Ventana site had 'em listed at $1595 as of 30 seconds ago, and with several sizes. I'd double check on availability and price with one of the above.

Good luck,

JmZ

mtnfiend said:
I'm in the market to a new frame and would like to price check a X-5 frame. I know MSRP is like $1,800. I also know that plenty of people don't pay MSRP. How much did you pay for your X-5 frame? I would prefer that people PM me if they got a really special deal. I don't want to publicize people's rock bottom price. I understand people need to make a living. At the same time I don't have $1,800 right now but really want a new frame.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Talk with Chad at Red Barn to make sure your getting the best deal..

I wouldnt be riding mine if not for him working me an outrageous deal. Never hurts to have some great choices to get a great frame from....Chad even upgraded me to dual bearing without letting me know and didnt even charge me extra....He told me that he knew I would appreciate the upgrade and wanted to ensure I got what I wanted...Talk about selling bikes...Then he just made me an unreal deal on a new talas..didnt have to sneak into my kids college fund....Just check with him too...never hurts. http://www.redbarnbicycles.com/home.html

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,011 Posts
2004 X-5

mtnfiend said:
I paid the $1595 plus $75 for the quad bearing option direct from Ventana for a 2004 X-5. However, be advised that they made a change to the headtube angle on the 2005 - I think they went from 70.3 degrees to 69 degrees, so if you're looking for the slacker HA, you'll want the 2005 frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.